Grain And Grape Artisanale Type 1 - How To Improve It.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schia

Reaction score
Hello all,

First time trying this from G&G and its nicely fermenting at home. All I did was to add 3 liters of water to it and poured the dried yeast packet over it and the magic began
artisanale04.jpg

I was wondering what modifications that you tried using this in the past that worked for you and all i can think now is just dry hopping it. I would greatly appriciate if you can share your experiance.

I have tried a couple of these with my friend. First time was just as you did, added 3 litres of water and we thought it came out fantastic, and why shouldnt it.

2nd time round i think my friend added Hallertau or possibly tettnang. I could taste the difference but both were such a great drop it really depends on what you like.

Our idea was just to see what the difference between going kit to the fresh wort. Big difference and now its very hard to even think about making kit beer. I do like the ESB 3 kilo range which is excellent in my opinion.

We also tried wort 4 which is higher gravity and emulating Karmeliet triple. We loved the wort 4, its like liquid crack if you have too much of it.

Wort 4 for us was like finding the holy grail of high gravity beer for such a great price. Those 8% percent beers hit hard and if you hit them hard you end up hitting the floor pretty hard too. Lots of fun from those worts.

Cheers
Erniebeer

I have tried a couple of these with my friend. First time was just as you did, added 3 litres of water and we thought it came out fantastic, and why shouldnt it.

2nd time round i think my friend added Hallertau or possibly tettnang. I could taste the difference but both were such a great drop it really depends on what you like.

Our idea was just to see what the difference between going kit to the fresh wort. Big difference and now its very hard to even think about making kit beer. I do like the ESB 3 kilo range which is excellent in my opinion.

We also tried wort 4 which is higher gravity and emulating Karmeliet triple. We loved the wort 4, its like liquid crack if you have too much of it.

Wort 4 for us was like finding the holy grail of high gravity beer for such a great price. Those 8% percent beers hit hard and if you hit them hard you end up hitting the floor pretty hard too. Lots of fun from those worts.

Cheers
Erniebeer

Sounds promising. I do enjoy a good pint of wit beer and I should have gone for wort 3 instead but nevertheless I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this very much. Is it worth keeping in the primary for at least 1 month before bottling? I'm heading away from the 23rd and wont return for the next 2 weeks and that in total should be a month sitting there doing nothing.

try their wheat beer fwk and throw some wyeast 3638 Schenider yeast at it. happiness :)

straight into fermenter with a wyeast saison yeast
it was great
from memory it went down to 1004 in a week

Sounds promising. I do enjoy a good pint of wit beer and I should have gone for wort 3 instead but nevertheless I'm sure I'm going to enjoy this very much. Is it worth keeping in the primary for at least 1 month before bottling? I'm heading away from the 23rd and wont return for the next 2 weeks and that in total should be a month sitting there doing nothing.

Havnt used any myself but you could always had like 20g of dry hops for something etc.
Just my 2c I guess

Havnt used any myself but you could always had like 20g of dry hops for something etc.
Just my 2c I guess

Some steeped spec grains and a hop addition will really transform it. I've made apa's, ambers, blacks and stouts all from wort #2 and they were all excellent beers. It was the g&g fwk which inspired me to get into AG.

JD.

Latest posts

Back