Grafton Brewing Competition 2017

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sparkling on tap, as opposed to the bottle, is mother's milk.

I cant wait

It has been decided to cellar the Vintage for a few more months

Bribie G said:
Matt, just doing up my entries to drop off on Tuesday.

like Dae Tripper I note that there are no bottle comp entry labels to print, just the pavilion entry form - is that right? Can't remember what I did last year.
Hi Bribie (& Dae Tripper),

Haven't done up comp entry labels so far, but if it makes things better, will look at getting this in place for next comp.

No worries, make the punters do the work.

Typical State comp label for example, Entry number filled in by organisers as bottles received of course.

comp labels.jpg

Don't forget that Brewing Entries close on Friday 21st April.
So far we have received entries from Grafton and the Clarence Valley, as well as entries currently in transit from Brisbane, Newcastle, Sydney Area, Tasmania, South Australia & WA.

Entrants are welcome to attend the judging, and if you are doing so be sure to RSVP if you haven't already.

Special thanks to the entrants, supporters, forwarders, and everyone that makes this comp possible.
....... and it is still not to late to enter.

finishline.png

I'm as unorganized as ever again this year so no beer entries from me.
I'm heading up tomorrow afternoon though with 3 entries of that other drinking stuff...... :ph34r:

Farrrrrrrk. I cant make the Judging. Big family cousins getaway at Evans head all weekend. I will require phone call/message updates though.

Are them blokes from Kyogle still alive?

Okay, have to apologize but my world is going completely to sh*t this weekend and I can't make the Show. I could list any of three legitimate excuses for not coming - not one of them MY FAULT or due to anything I have done ... just I'm the one who has to clean up the mess!

Was really looking forward to the weekend away too and catching up with blokes I haven't seen in ages. I've been in training too .. only had two cans of Great Northern all weekend as a means of cleansing the body for all that sweet nectar to come.

Will be thinking about, just not drinking with, you'all this weekend.

Ok

So who is attending and when are we initially meeting

What time does judging start Matt

Does anyone know when results will be posted, eagerly awaiting word from WA...

Good luck everyone! Would love to come but alas I'm on family duties for the next few weeks.

Go the Northern Rivers brewers!

Was a good day (& night). 10 judges, approx 90 beers, over 6 and a half hours.

Now to compile the results.

The results will be made available to co-inside with the opening of the Grafton Show on Friday 5th May.

Judges evaluation sheets will be emailed out to those that supplied email addresses.

Thanks to the judges that volunteered and traveled to attend. Also thanks to those that entered.

If you are not already on the reminder list, forward your details and be kept up to date for the next one.

Three cheers for Matt & co's tireless efforts in organising the event, it's always a pleasure to participate. The standard of entries always amazes us, looking forward to next year already and I have already applied for a leave pass. Sponsors' contributions always make the event memorable too, likewise with all the volunteers. Best of luck to the entrants, hope you have been rewarded for your efforts.

Yep

The quality keeps getting better every year :)

Good to catch up with the usual suspects :D

RdeVjun said:
Three cheers for Matt & co's tireless efforts in organising the event, it's always a pleasure to participate. The standard of entries always amazes us, looking forward to next year already and I have already applied for a leave pass. Sponsors' contributions always make the event memorable too, likewise with all the volunteers. Best of luck to the entrants, hope you have been rewarded for your efforts.
Second that.
Awesome effort again Matt & all involved.
Good luck to everyone that entered.

Thanks to Matt for organizing another great Grafton Homebrew Competition, enjoyed your hospitality and helping out with the judging again this year.

Good Luck to everybody that entered!

RdeVjun said:
Ducatiboy stu said:
Yep

The quality keeps getting better every year :)

Good to catch up with the usual suspects :D
+1

Gets better every year, thanks for the impeccable organising and running of the event, Matt.
Also big thanks to the ladies for the steak sandwiches and the sausage sizzle later.

Just a hint, the Crown Hotel on the river front also sponsors the event, and has better accommodation with ensuites for about an extra $20, but Roches usually has the better tap selection so this year I stayed at the Crown and drank at Roches 100 metres around the corner, best of both worlds and spread the love around the comp. sponsors.

hi
it was a big day and congratulations to Matt for his organising skills to make it all happen.
on my behalf i'd like to thank the judges for there patience and professionalism throughout
the day I didn't relaise how big a job it was to keep things moving until your big cheer for matt for effort over the years
I enjoyed the day immensely even as a beer waiter lol
well done all involved
ken

GABBA110360 said:
hi
it was a big day and congratulations to Matt for his organising skills to make it all happen.
on my behalf i'd like to thank the judges for there patience and professionalism throughout
the day I didn't relaise how big a job it was to keep things moving until your big cheer for matt for effort over the years
I enjoyed the day immensely even as a beer waiter lol
well done all involved
ken
And thanks for your 'beer waitering' Ken. Will book you now for next year.....

Latest posts

Back