Gotta Love Homebrew

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitternacht Brauer

Reaction score
The last couple of months has been flat out for me and as a result I haven't been able to brew. This has all caught up with me recently when I have had to purchase some commercial beers for BBq's at my place. It makes me realise how good I feel after a night on mine or others homebrew as opposed to a night of commercial beers . I had about 6 stubbies and a heavy (6%) dark wheat and I woke up with a blinder head ache . I know I have had much bigger nights with homebrew and not a trace of headache after.

My good feeling comes from the cost. I've been too busy to brew, so I just picked up a six pack of White Rabbit Dark Ale. Sensational beer, but at $22 for the sixpack, I was left thinking that I could have brewed 20L of something nice for the same price. Still, always good to try commercial examples for inspiration.

yeah mine is more for the cost. To bad with the cost of getting my brewery up is slowing my beer making as work is a hit and miss so the little money I get is to commercial beers and some put away for HB supplies as its hard not to drink for 6 weeks waiting to drink home brew and from the last brew (drank half at 3 weeks in bottle) I didnt like it been 4 weeks in bottle and has improved 20% so the rest will sit for a few more weeks till then I plan a brew monday and weekly or fortnightly after that.

The last couple of months has been flat out for me and as a result I haven't been able to brew. This has all caught up with me recently when I have had to purchase some commercial beers for BBq's at my place. It makes me realise how good I feel after a night on mine or others homebrew as opposed to a night of commercial beers . I had about 6 stubbies and a heavy (6%) dark wheat and I woke up with a blinder head ache . I know I have had much bigger nights with homebrew and not a trace of headache after.

I've probably written this about 80 times but my own homebrew, some european beers, sulphite free ciders and preservative free wines all leave me feeling a-ok in the morning. Other grog tends to make me feel like my temples have been squashed together. I blame preservatives (and possibly methanol in the case of some spirits).

Back