Got Wood?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm interested in a 3 ships barrel providing they are still wet and leak free?

Yob said:
There is a price difference for 8 barrels?

Who are you using for freight? The same footprint should equate to the same price (from my experience shipping barrels)
if you can put me in contact with a national carrier that will ship based on footprint and not cubic weight I'd be keen as mustard!!!

Sorry for the delay in responding to these messages - unfortunately I've had no notification that there were replies, and every other post I had put in the forum was moderated out because they were all too 'advertisey' (is that a word?) so I haven't been back in a while.

Anyway - a quick update:

The order of JD and Woodford Reserve/Early Times barrels is confirmed. These barrels are freshly dumped and are still wet when the container is loaded. There's still a few available.

I can't lock in an order of the Three Ships barrels until I get a fair few more takers - there's around 240 in a container. These barrels have been stored for 8-12 weeks in between being picked up from the distillery and being loaded into the container for shipping.

Container of Wild Turkey barrels is getting close to enough orders for me to be able to confirm, but not quite there yet. These barrels are freshly dumped and our container will be loaded at the distillery and shipped direct.

Our shipping is calculated on cubic weight, not footprint - so whilst a pallet holding 4 barrels takes up the same floor space as a pallet holding 8 barrels, we pay for the extra height. We can't ship them off-pallet, but we can ship on pallets of different sizes so sending 2 barrels can be reasonably cost-efficient.

Any other questions please try to contact us direct.

Cheers - and Happy New Year!!

Zorco said:
YESSd:|s:fGbJjBvvbNBKSNXNXKSLLA

Got no clue how yet but I want a JD barrel

How the frig is this getting to Brisbane!! Anyone else want to share freight?
Hi Zorco,
Can you please email your details to me at [email protected] so I can make sure you don't miss out?
Cheers,
Gareth

FunkeBrewster said:
RoundOak (and Zorco) put me down for 1 delivered into Brisbane. Cheers
Hi FunkeBrewster,
Can you please email your details to me at [email protected] so I can make sure you don't miss out?
Cheers,
Gareth

Curly79 said:
Hi Curly79,
I have to bring these barrels in by the container so I'm looking at around 230-240 of the 180L barrels, or around 210 of the 200L barrels. I'm working with a few groups that may generate enough demand to warrant doing a container of the 180L barrels but I'm not there yet. The 200L JD or Early Times barrels are almost all taken so let me know if you're interested - [email protected]
Cheers

Curly79 said:
Hi Curly79,
I have to bring these barrels in by the container so I'm looking at around 230-240 of the 180L barrels, or around 210 of the 200L barrels. I'm working with a few groups that may generate enough demand to warrant doing a container of the 180L barrels but I'm not there yet. The 200L JD or Early Times barrels are almost all taken so let me know if you're interested - [email protected]
Cheers

Back