Got To Make Beer For Work Xmas Party

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice, thanks for the tip, I missed that sort tab, trying to do work as well as this so gotta be quick between AHB surfs, looks nice and tasty, would crystal 40-50L sub for the cararmunich? I don't have any

Pretty sure I got a bag full of caramunich if you want some mike.

Whatever you do, don't stuff up like I did a couple of years ago when I did the same thing. I set the toxic megaswill clone to brew, only to discover when I went to keg it, that it had become infected (the only brew I've ever made that has; a message from the Brewing Gods, perhaps ;)?). So, with no time left to replace it, I did the only possible thing -- took a keg of something else. The only keg I had was a rather sweet Dunkelweizen. A few people hopped straight into it, thinking it would be like Guinness. Others followed, assured by those first intrepids that it was a "top drop", and because there was SFA else to drink. And everybody had a great time :D!

The only person who wasn't happy that day was the boss, who had to shout everybody taxis home after they all got smashed on 9.5% DW!

And the assorted spouses/partners weren't too happy the next day, having to arrange to retrieve cars!

Nice story dkril, will be making back up beer this weekend, something more in line with my tastes, a special bitter perhaps in that way if its not required I will drink it, if it is then at least its sessionable and the UK ex pats will enjoy it, although I met one recently who told me he has only ever had "laaarger" ...oh the shame

I've made a Blond Ale if we are talking BJCP guidelines, for 22 ish litres in the fermenter at 12 plato, about 24 IBU and quite pale in colour
1.5hr boil
Pils Malt 4 kg
Vienna 0.4
Wheat 0.3
Carapils 0.3
mashed low about 64-65 average temp
B Saaz 20g at 60
Cascade Plug at 30
US -05

Should've gone all the way Mike and fermented with a Belgian Yeast.

I'm becoming more amazed at how many of my mates are switching on to real beer. I've taken my brews to a few shows as the weather has warmed up and they are getting a much better reception than I could've ever expected. I did a Belgian pale with WLP530, keg hopped with Styrian and saw a full corny of that disappear in 2 hours among 5 typical megaswill drinkers, a few weeks back. I often filter my brews but due to my filter cartridge growing mould on it for the second time this one went in yeast and all.
Similar experience with a very malty Pilsner (one of the few lagers I've made recently that came out OK).

maybe the tide is turning............................

Well, I ended up making a special bitter which went down very well with the punters 20L gone within the hour then we started on the 3 gal corny of rauchbier which I think was even more popular.....you never know
JND_SPARKING_ALE.jpg

appologies to coopers

I just went to my work Xmas party last week. Same story. With lots of "ohhhhs" and "Awwwhhs" the Crown Lager was revealed. At least the had a carton of Hahn Super Dry which i proceeded to quitley dispose of...

Latest posts

Back