Got The Fridge.... Now To Keg It Up

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrewCarey82

"Baron Hardmans" Chief brewer.
Reaction score
Hey Guys.

I've got a mate who's a great welder and guro at putting together all sorts of gizmo and his made himself a you beaut kegging fridge.

However his a lot financially better off then I am and just brought everything brand new.

From my work I've secured in perfect working order with all the seals in perfect condition a side by side kelvinator fridge that could comfortably fit two kegs in it.

I am wondering to say get initially a 2 kegging system going what I am likely to pay for all the necessary bits ect?

Not likely to be able to afford for about 2 months but want to get a general price range going. I want to have a two taps on the front of the fridge.

Inside the fridge side it has a temp gauge that goes from -2degrees to about 12degrees.

Cheers.

If you have to ask you cant afford it

Just kidding

These prices are rough and on the high side you could potentally save 50% of this buy shoping round or importing from the US
2 Kegs @ $80
1 Reg @ $150
2 Tap setups @ $150-300 depending on tap
1 gas bottle (rental) ???
beer line 5m @ $2.00

Estimate around $500 (10 cases of premium beer)

Thats not too bad actually hope to have it up and running by the NRL finals.... Would be a great to have when mates are around.

Drew,
GMK can help with all bits and pieces, check ebay out as there is a guy in Cairns who is currently selling non and reconditioned kegs fairly cheaply.
The cost that berazfai suggested seem on the high side to me.
Two kegs - $130
Regulator from BOC $100
Two taps $100
Gas and beer line $20
Disconnects$45-60
Gas bottle rental BOC plus gas $130

Cheers
AC

Drew,
GMK can help with all bits and pieces, check ebay out as there is a guy in Cairns who is currently selling non and reconditioned kegs fairly cheaply.
The cost that berazfai suggested seem on the high side to me.
Two kegs - $130
Regulator from BOC $100
Two taps $100
Gas and beer line $20
Disconnects$45-60
Gas bottle rental BOC plus gas $130

Cheers
AC

Yes and I said my prices were on the high side

Not sure what kind of tap/shank or font setup you would get for $100 for 2 taps

i know i paid 90 bucks per tap and they are the cheap ones ie the brumbies

Hey Guys.

I've got a mate who's a great welder and guro at putting together all sorts of gizmo and his made himself a you beaut kegging fridge.

However his a lot financially better off then I am and just brought everything brand new.

From my work I've secured in perfect working order with all the seals in perfect condition a side by side kelvinator fridge that could comfortably fit two kegs in it.

I am wondering to say get initially a 2 kegging system going what I am likely to pay for all the necessary bits ect?

Not likely to be able to afford for about 2 months but want to get a general price range going. I want to have a two taps on the front of the fridge.

Inside the fridge side it has a temp gauge that goes from -2degrees to about 12degrees.

Cheers.
http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...mp;#entry136466

I have just splurged about $900 on my keg fridge set up, fridge holds 4 kegs.

That price includes:
4 kegs
3 taps
regulator
4 way CO2 manifold
CO2 check valve
drip tray
4 pairs of disconnects and tubing

Dropping 2 kegs, a tap and the CO2 bling would get it closer to $500.

Probably on the high side but I couldn't be bothered waiting 3 months for dinted kegs from the USA and wanted to get the CO2 setup done properly.

Still less than the ring I just bought the missus. :)

Cheers, Andrew.

hi drew,

in all honesty you always need 1 more keg than you have taps, ie 2 x kegs and 1 x tap. reason being that you can always have a keg in reserve. nothing worse than hearing the "ssshhhhhh" sound and not having anything to switch over to.

i have 2 x kegs and 1 x tap, all up cost me $400 with the disconnects, reg etc. when i'm ready to move up to 2 x taps i'll purchase 1 more keg.

Hi Drew,

Get the kegs locally.

For comparison here is what i charge:
Harris Dual Gauge reg 82.50
Disconnects 27.50 a pair u need 2 pairs so 55.00
Gas line 6mm x 5m Beer line 4mm x 8m both @ 2.50pm = 35.00
SS splices 4mm -6mm 5.50 ea x 2 = 11.00
SS T piece to splice the gas line 15.00
SS Fridge Ext 55.00 Tap SS Andale Floryte 95.00 or 145.00 the pair u need 2 = 290.00.
Goto www.andale.com.au to check out the Floryte Tap and panel extension 1/2" BSP
Assorted clamps for everything - call 490.00 - postage 10.00 express = 500.00 -
but you still need to buy the 2 Kegs locally - should be around 80.00ea.

Hope this helps you out.

Drew,

To get started I bought a system just like this one from the same guy, $370 delivered. Brumby tap works fine, don't know what the benefit of a Floryte tap would be in comparison?

Cheers, Andrew.

Drew,

To get started I bought a system just like this one from the same guy, $370 delivered. Brumby tap works fine, don't know what the benefit of a Floryte tap would be in comparison?

Cheers, Andrew.

brumby taps are fine. they usually retail for $95-$105 brand new including the fridge extension

in my experience they've been great for pouring most types of beer. i guess it all depends on what your expectations are

Difference between the 2.
Brumby
- Comes in brass and SS - ensure it is SS with SS threaded handle rod for the pouring.
- Seals at the base of the tap - this makes the taps stiff as when the beer drys inside the tap.
-Also allows some bugs in there.
- Cant aerate pour with these taps very well.

Floryte & Ventmatics:
- SS
- Seals in the spout
- the tap insides always have beer in there - so tap mechanism cant get stiff/stay lubricated.
- can aerate pour.
Ventmatics also allow u to change nozzle and are a higher flowing taps than the floryte.

Hope this helps.

I noticed that on there.

No way to get it to my joint from Canberra+I already have a fridge.

But cheers anyway.

Do a search for kegs on ebay, you'll find several deals.

I picked my 2 keg setup inc harris reg there from a guy in Brisbane for $340 + $40 freight to Sydney. kegging australia

Now it's going I want another tap to go with the additional 2 kegs I picked up from someone here who ordered 4 from the USA but only was allowed to keep 2.

Another store I found worth looking at was:

Aussie Spirit and Homebrew Supplies

I recall another guy in Newcastle, but don't seem to have saved his details.

Beers

Crozdog

Added him to my fav sellers I dont think that I'll get much cheaper than that crozdog.

Try this guy.

Dirt cheap kegs and the non-reconditioned kegs I saw were in better condition than mine from the US.

Latest posts

Back