Goodbye Bronwyn

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ducatiboy stu said:
Poor old WEAL must be feeling lonely in this thread...
I'm sure WEAL'll console himself somehow... :D

woody.jpg

What have labor the Romans ever done for us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9foi342LXQE

Camo6 said:
WEAL, it's already happening in the building industry. Teams of foreign workers are undercutting opposition as they're willing to take less money to do the same job. The fact that they're generally harder working and less demanding makes it very hard for employers to be patriotic.

Probably the most significant thing unions have done for the industry is standardise wages. This is most beneficial to employers as it makes tenders much fairer to estimate and places everyone on a level playing field. You can't tell me that if the FTA allows an excess of Chinese tradesman to compete in our industry, they won't work for lower wages to stay employed in a foreign place on a work visa. I'm sure you yourself can appreciate that it won't be the first time an employer exploits cheaper labour.

I should advocate that I'm not pro union, ALP or One Nation FTM.
A bit of a contradiction there camo doesn't the CFMEU look after the building sites, would they allow foreign workers to undercut others, as you said later in the post the unions have standardised wages, and then you have got Fair Work Australia to back up what ever is award wages and must be paid to the employee.

wide eyed and legless said:
A bit of a contradiction there camo doesn't the CFMEU look after the building sites, would they allow foreign workers to undercut others, as you said later in the post the unions have standardised wages, and then you have got Fair Work Australia to back up what ever is award wages and must be paid to the employee.
BUT... if the employee decides to sign on for a job as a labourer in order so that the employer can pay them lower...what then.

You have a case where the employer is paying an employee a lower wage for the same work so he can get the job...And its all legal under the law

all the more people I can wind up.
BAHAHAHA... your stealing my job. Are you getting payed less than me to do it...

madpierre06 said:
"Well, they gave us a free education".
Gough did.Hawkey introduced HECS half way through my degree, can't complain as I got 3 years for free, only paid for the final 3. Interesting that Pyne won't release the costings projected by the department for uni degrees under his proposed changes, and hired the ex beaurocrat of education at $ 150,000 for 3 weeks to try to negotiate with the X bench, who told him to nick off.

seamad said:
Gough did.Hawkey introduced HECS half way through my degree, can't complain as I got 3 years for free, only paid for the final 3. Interesting that Pyne won't release the costings projected by the department for uni degrees under his proposed changes, and hired the ex beaurocrat of education at $ 150,000 for 3 weeks to try to negotiate with the X bench, who told him to nick off.
But he has fixed it

NO, it is not legal you can sign up for a job then if the wages are below award then Fair Work Australia would love to hear about it.
I have been before them stu, if they can't get you one way they will try and find another. An interesting read is some of the cases that have been heard by them.

$150000 for three weeks. Surely that's a little bit rich. Not Alan Joyce rich but at least a bit rich.

Not every sites union WEAL. Not every worker will go to Fair Work either. Especially not when your employed in a foreign country.

Heheh, I still remember my first job cleaning a Chinese fish shop. The wife was certainly the one in charge. I think she paid me $4 an hour but she'd always get me to sign a higher wage in her books. "Shh shh" she'd say, "I give you sum extla." Week old baby octupus just didn't cut it though.

NO, it is not legal you can sign up for a job then if the wages are below award then Fair Work Australia would love to hear about it.
I have been before them stu, if they can't get you one way they will try and find another. An interesting read is some of the cases that have been heard by them.
You miss read what I said

You can sign up for a lower award. They still have to pay you for the award you signed up for

seamad said:
. Interesting that Pyne won't release the costings projected by the department for uni degrees under his proposed changes, and hired the ex beaurocrat of education at $ 150,000 for 3 weeks to try to negotiate with the X bench, who told him to nick off.
You would think a Minister would be capable of negotiating his own policy...oh...wait....my mistake

seamad said:
think it's called wealonomics, probably bears a striking similarity to the koch brothers tea party version of economics.
Stop it

mHeB5yXQqbZWCQkBmFkhuEA.jpg

Back