Good mid-size crown seal bottles: eg. 300g+ stubbies? Preferably that

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bingggo

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I'm sure this question must get asked a lot but couldn't find much on it.

I prefer to bottle in sturdy crown seal mid-size bottles, from 330-550ml. Seems stubbies are typically about 200g, but some are 300g - I prefer the heavier ones. An interesting bottle design is a plus.

Any tips on what beer comes in these kind of bottles, that is tasty, not highly expensive, and thus supply me with good empty stubbies :)

Cheers,
B

Ps. Moo brew is one such stubbie, but something a bit cheaper would be a plus :)

lucky-beer-bondi-ad-468x382.jpg

Grolsch bottles are good strong bottles that can be reused lots and lots of times over
and the lid is built in!

That stuff above is called lucky beer as you'd be lucky to find anyone that's gone back for another one. Novelty bottle yes. Good beer NO!

James Squire 345ml bottles are pretty decent weight and strength, and nice dark brown.

Bridges said:
That stuff above is called lucky beer as you'd be lucky to find anyone that's gone back for another one. Novelty bottle yes. Good beer NO!
Indeed. Would be a struggle to get through a case of that.

Thanks! I have quite a lot of grolsch, it's a good un :)

Will try James squire. Cascade has a nice bottle redesign, but it's not one of the heavy ones. Still might be the way to go tho :)

Latest posts

Back