Good Beer Week Feedback: Good, Bad And Ugly

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Permission granted to post part of a PM from Cocko:
Was well organised, and an amazing concept delivered very well!

My tips would be, Obviously Sat arv session will be the most popular and the lines to the bar were 40-50 minutes long!

Great event for every one who was not in the SAT. arvo session....

I've already expressed my feelings about the Saturday session, from the volunteer side of things. In more general GBW feedback; more handpumps! more venues! more beer! more time!

Indeed! Good Beer Lifetime; a constant, evolving, personal beer-centric journey with occasional real-life interruptions.

My second (and final) article is up on the same page:

http://goodbeerweek.com/news

Good grief, you do prattle on a bit don't you? :p
Seriously, a good review, sounded a fantastic gastronomic experience. Note: even Timmermanns Peche is a good beer when matched well, ie hangover full English breakfast (try it at least once hey Campbell ;) )

Another great article Andrew! Really good reading.

You're making me hungry even though I've just eaten!

Cheers

Well done Andrew for posting this topic.
Yesterday was the inaugural Masterclass Of Champions and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. It was held at Hargreaves Hill brew factory in Lillydale. (I think it may have become their temporary/permanent home after Black Saturday)
The couple of fellas that organised the day had a steady hand on everything but stayed in the background and let the brewers do their thing. After a tour of the brew system in action and sampling HH beers from the bright tank or fermenters. We had some Q&A's with the brewers, Kjetil of Nogne O fame in Norway and Denise from Moylans in California, Simon from HH also spoke as well as Brendan Moylan.
A good chunk of the day was a three course long lunch, catered for by The 36 Collective, and 9 beers from the three respective brewers. The food was top notch Eastern European fair and a couple of the boys on our table were of Eastern block heritage and they gave it the thumbs up. I was the first to wander out the door and that was at four o'clock, an hour after the scheduled finish time.
Top effort to the people who organised the event, I hope they can see their way to organise a similar day next year, having a bottle from the limited edition collaborative brew is also something to look forward to in the next few weeks. I even got to press the flesh with our very own Doc who, I think, was coming to the end of a very long week, nice to met you Doc.
:super:
Sorry for the self indulgence folks, a bottle arrived in the mail today! Not opened yet, not sure if I should keep it until my 50th in december.

IMG_0475.jpg

I'm very jealous, Razz ! It's a great beer.

I only had a pot, but I wanted to have a heap more...along with the RIS.

But, unfortunately, I would not have remained verticle

Sorry for the self indulgence folks, a bottle arrived in the mail today! Not opened yet, not sure if I should keep it until my 50th in december.

Carefull; its probably a bottle bomb - send it to me for UXO disposal (no charge for this service).

Actually, nice stuff, we had some at the Scratch last week while my memory was still working

It's in the mail!

Sweet. I should get that about the same time as my winning check from the Irish National Sweepstakes :icon_cheers:

That's good to hear Danwood, is it still on tap somewhere?

I doubt it very much. Hargreaves weren't advertising its presence in the brewery's bar, so it might've lasted a little longer.

I think I heard something about the Wheatsheaf holding on to a keg to tap this weekend (15-16th), but apart from that you might have to wait 'til you open your bottle.

Don't leave it too long, or that great hop aroma will fade. Then the malt roastiness should take over a bit more and you'll be left with a different beer, no less impressive though.

Enjoy it either way, I'm sure you've earned it ;)

Back