Good Beer In Forster/tuncurry Area

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phonos

Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm heading up to Forster for a few days soon and was wondering if there is anywhere nearby which serves beer other than the standard XXXX, VB, Carlton Draught that most pubs serve. Any Forster/Tuncurry locals who can help me out?

If not, I might have to fill the car with my own.

The Lakes and Oceans in Forster has Coopers Pale Ale on tap.......

And that is about it.

You might discover something OK in one of the bottle shops like James Squires, but I would not set my hopes very high.

If it is your cup of tea last time I was up there the drive thru bottle-o in Forster's main street has Barons Lager for 24.99. Clearly could not move a beyond average drop.

Good luck, If you find anything better up there, post back, I am up there often and would like to know.

The Lakes and Oceans in Forster has Coopers Pale Ale on tap.......

And that is about it.

You might discover something OK in one of the bottle shops like James Squires, but I would not set my hopes very high.

If it is your cup of tea last time I was up there the drive thru bottle-o in Forster's main street has Barons Lager for 24.99. Clearly could not move a beyond average drop.

Good luck, If you find anything better up there, post back, I am up there often and would like to know.

I did find Kent Old Brown in that pub in Tuncurry with the swimming pool in the middle (I can't remember the name), but I'm unsure if they still have it.

Its a bit of a worry if you struggle to find james squire in a bottle shop!

I did find Kent Old Brown in that pub in Tuncurry with the swimming pool in the middle (I can't remember the name), but I'm unsure if they still have it.

Its a bit of a worry if you struggle to find james squire in a bottle shop!

That pub is the Bellview hotel... (possible spelling error)

Back