Golf Weekend

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flano

Reaction score
after some help.
Going on a thinly disguised pissup weekend with mates.
We have used golf as our excuse.

I am after somewhere within 2hrs drive of sydney .
Would love to stay in a town where the pub does it's own beers.
accom and golf close by...especially accom... ie walking distance.

I thought of Picton.

Anyone got any tips?

cheers
norks.

Is there a golf course in Port Stephens? That's where I'd look...

ok .

been up there quite a bit for fishing excuses....this was pre beer obsession though.

cheers
we live southern side of sydney ( engadine ) so south would be extremely convenient.
But port stephens is do-able.

Try this - also close to the golf course.

Five islands

edit - Wollongong - handy to Engadine when ready to go home

On a related note... i've been considering turning an old golf bag into a portable party keg holder. I reckon it wouldn't be too difficult and could easily fit a keg in there with a bit of insulation. Would look pretty good on the back of a gold cart... all on the down low :ph34r:

On a related note... i've been considering turning an old golf bag into a portable party keg holder. I reckon it wouldn't be too difficult and could easily fit a keg in there with a bit of insulation. Would look pretty good on the back of a gold cart... all on the down low :ph34r:

Sorry for the OT. But that is a brilliant idea.

Sounds like a good idea, although I don't know how well it would poor after bumping up and down on the back of a golf cart...

Have you thought about the hunter valley? Potters brewery is close by and there are some very nice golf courses around..

:icon_offtopic: Nice idea with the stealth keg, I don't think the bumps would hurt it too much. When I used to run the drink cart at the local golf course we just chucked all the grog in an oversized esky with a bit of ice, never got any complaints of shaken up beer.

Latest posts

Back