Goldclub October Meeting

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damien13

Reaction score
Afternoon All!!

The next meeting of the GoldCLUB will be at our new venue at the Burleigh Brewing Company this Friday. Our space will be open from 5:15pm, but we will aim for a 6pm kick-off. We are in the store room amongst sacks of grain and boxes. Awesome. Just ask someone where the Homebrew meeting is, or call me if you get stuck on 0402888553.

If anyone has any spare jugs (hehe) laying around, we need them, as BBC can only provide 6.

The comp below is what our meeting will revolve around, however, feel free to just come along and sample each others beers.

See you on Friday!

PS. Feel free to bring an extra bottle of brew to add into our raffle prize!!!

Taste-Off

Just like the John Woo Classic 'Face Off', this will be a challenge that willinvolve whoever wants to take part, bringing a beer that belongs to a Style (egAussie Pale Ale, APA, Stout etc etc) and then all of us trying to match themystery beers to their styles.
eg. If the pool consisted of an APA, Stout, English Bitter and IPA- we wouldhave match these styles to the 'mystery jugs' of beer. So, Jug 1 is APA, Jug 2is IPA, Jug 3 is stout and so on.

The member who gets the most points wins something awesome... If there is atie, the comp will go to sudden death and no, this doesnt involve the BlackUhlans ;)

Just a reminder to bring any jugs you have lying around... I will be bringing three of the jugs I use to brew with.

ALSO, a reminder to bring some snacks. Until we work out what we are doing with food each meeting, it is a hell of a lot easier if we all just bring something to nibble on.

See you all tonight!

Damien

After much "umm-ing and aaaah-ing" I might bring along a bottle one of my beers, trust me its rough LOL but hey we all start somewhere right :lol:

woohoo!

Bring-it matey! See ya tonight!
We need to figure out who amongst us is good at doing certificates!

If I wasn't computer spaz, I would do it, but alas I suck. It would be great if we could get a piece of paper with Nicholas Cage and John Travolta featured for the winner of the taste off!

hahaha

Back