Gold Coast: Brewery Tour ($20)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spiesy

Illmatic
Reaction score
Not in my neck o' the woods, but for any of you sun-tanned folk up North, there's a "Scoopon" for the Pickled Pig Brewery (never heard of it), that includes a tour, tasting (4 samples), lunch (snags) and take aways (6-pack)... sounds okay

HERE

Lame. I've seen their gluten free beer (and some others?) in a few bottle-o's too.

You can buy their beer commercially in at least one location: 1 Two 3 in Broadbeach have the Pilsner, Gluten Free (style undisclosed), and a ginger beer. I had no idea they did a brew-your-own type thing too. Not much info on their site but it looks like a pretty typical extract-only type set up from the photo.

The fiance and I tried the pilsner and the ginger ale. I think we were a bit hammered at the time so I can't offer any meaningful evaluation of their products. Interesting to think they may have been made of goop though.

:icon_offtopic: Like all these types of places, they recommend refrigerating the beer after bottling. Why is that?

You can buy their beer commercially in at least one location: 1 Two 3 in Broadbeach have the Pilsner, Gluten Free (style undisclosed), and a ginger beer. I had no idea they did a brew-your-own type thing too. Not much info on their site but it looks like a pretty typical extract-only type set up from the photo.

The fiance and I tried the pilsner and the ginger ale. I think we were a bit hammered at the time so I can't offer any meaningful evaluation of their products. Interesting to think they may have been made of goop though.

:icon_offtopic: Like all these types of places, they recommend refrigerating the beer after bottling. Why is that?
It's already carbed when they give it to you, so naturally refrigerating it keeps it in better condition - particularly seeing as though the flavours disappear so quickly!

I went there with a friend, owner is pretty clueless. When I asked him what type of yeast he used for a beer, he seriously answered "Oh whole yeast of course".

WTF does that even mean?

His 'little creatures' tasted like hopless, shitty homebrew. I kind of liked his ginger-beer. But when he answered he doesn't use lactose, sugar or any sweeteners, my brain yelled BS.

I bottled my ginger beer, and little creatures and took off with my buddy.

Hate to be a hater, but seriously not recommended... even with a scoopon, as an all grain type of guy, I felt that it wasn't worth it...

Back