Going to the South Pole

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bribie G

Adjunct Professor
Reaction score

scott.jpg

Depends on which way you look at it....

Jon Muir, Australian legend....

1229483.jpg

I worked with a bloke who did 3 trips down too the ice,he has some amazing and funny stories to tell,loved sitting around with a few beers after work listening to them. ..cheers...spog..

Just clicked on the 2012 tab (doh). Which one is you. Going to be jumping in and helping with the brewing ?. Would be some bragging rights getting hold of some ice samples for brewing which came from the same time period when Hannibal crossed the Alps. ..cheers..spog...

2nd picture in the Flickr series says "North Pole" on the left patch. Topic title says "Going to the South Pole".

McMurdo Station's in Antarctica. You can tell coz there's no polar bears in any of the pics. :p

You can't land a Hercules at the North Pole because it's full of Russian troops guarding the oil reserves.

Edit: my chances of going to the South Pole are about the same as scoring a trip to Pandora, the thread title was along the lines of "how does one go to the South Pole" ;)

I spent last summer down south. The homebrew's pretty popular down there, we'd typically bottle and keg about 120-240L per week. Kit and Kilo only though.

Latest posts

Back