going out for dinner in Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cafe at the wharf is a Bavarian Bier franchise, great tasting-trays as well as the usual pork knuckles and guys in lederhosen. There's also a regular pub bar at the South side of the Wharf but it's a Tooheys and Keno joint. 4 Pines is diagonally right across the road.

Bavarian Bier:

Bavarian Bier.jpg

Edit: damn, shouldn't be looking at pictures like that this time of the morning. :icon_drool2:

I you're at the Manly wharf, it's only a short walk up the esplanade to Murray's.

I love the Heritage Belgian Beer cafe (especially the bloody mary oyster shooters) but the food can be hit and miss, the beers on the other hand are pretty damn good. There is also the Australian Heritage Hotel in the Rocks which has fantastic pub style food (the pizzas are some of the best I have had anywhere) and has 50+ Aussie beers in bottles plus 10-15 on tap, you can book a table but it is more of a pub style). Also second the Lord Nelson for pub style setup.

Ken

pimpsqueak said:
I you're at the Manly wharf, it's only a short walk up the esplanade to Murray's.
Murrays is on North Steyne, walk along the Corso then turn left. However the walk there and back is a bit of a hike if the weather isn't too flash. Murrays usually have something on hand pump.

Hand pump at Murrays?
Well I am going to have to make the trek our there some time soon!

Back