Going all grain with BIAB Grain questions

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
>Is there any tips on adjustments

a feeler gauge set would be a good start

lfc_ozzie said:
Barley crusher arrived today, never had one before. Is there any tips on adjustments or maintenance I need to do with these?
Love the idea of 5kg of each didn't think of that, would it be possible to do a smash with both of these to get a taste for the base malt?
Of course. Even 5kg + 100g of a medium crystal + a fruity/us/new world hop to about 35 ibu will give you a delicious, flavoursome thirst quencher simple enough to make, easy enough to discern difference of character between malts.

Kingy said:
Have you tried brewman?
That guy is the ******* tits. i ordered one afternoon last week and it turned up on my door the next day, liquid yeast still as cold as a fridge ( i got an ice pack for 50c with it) and hops and grain packaged really well. will def be using him full time now :drinks:

lfc_ozzie said:
Barley crusher arrived today, never had one before. Is there any tips on adjustments or maintenance I need to do with these?

Love the idea of 5kg of each didn't think of that, would it be possible to do a smash with both of these to get a taste for the base malt?
I adjusted mine so that a credit card just slips in and out, tight enough to make rollers move though.
I also ditched the handle and use a drill on mine, not too fast and it seems to work fine.
Make a board for it to sit on
bought a paint brush to 'dust' it down after a mill, I don't wash it or put veg oil on it like the website you bought from says.

Back