Go Iceland

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yankinoz

Reaction score
The population is 320,000, their coach moonlights as a part-time dentist, only a few of their players are full-time pros, and the goalie missed a preliminary match so he could direct the video of Iceland's Eurovision entry. Look where they are now.

they have more volcanoes than professional soccer (football) players haha

side note; one of the best countries ive ever visited.

lost at sea said:
they have more volcanoes than professional soccer (football) players haha

side note; one of the best countries ive ever visited.
I've spent three summers there and visited once in winter and agree it's worth a visit. Though I've spent more time in England, Iceland's the story of the championship. Even my English son-in-law is pulling for them.

No surprise really, per capita they have dominated strength sports for yonks. They appear eugenic. Just not in the Hitler-ish way.
I do feel somewhat cheated that my own Nordic ancestry has only yielded a high tolerance for dairy, and not a hulking 6'6" physique. Or blue eyes. Or blonde hair.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A7woRoVwyM

Dave70 said:
No surprise really, per capita they have dominated strength sports for yonks. They appear eugenic. Just not in the Hitler-ish way.
I do feel somewhat cheated that my own Nordic ancestry has only yielded a high tolerance for dairy, and not a hulking 6'6" physique. Or blue eyes. Or blonde hair.
Yeah, but have you tried out with axe & shield.
That seems to be the real deciding factor.

Mr Wibble said:
Yeah, but have you tried out with axe & shield.
That seems to be the real deciding factor.
Well, here's my helmet.
Am I doing it wrong?

tumblr_ndfwmzQaZ91s61cido1_500.jpg

Dave70 said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8A7woRoVwyM
You've touched on an interesting point. Besides strength sports, they do well in swimming, thanks to excellent facilities, but in the sprints, not endurance events. Their one Olympic athletics medal was in the long jump. Their distance running records are mediocre.

There are known hereditary factors that contribute to one's becoming an endurance athlete or the opposite. I tried to get an Icelandic biological anthropologist interested. No luck.

Latest posts

Back