Ginger Beer Help?!..

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ando88

Reaction score
G'day all,

I've been brewing mid-strength ginger beer as per coopers and brigalow can instructions for some time now...

I'd like to increase the brew's alcohol content, maybe mix some extra ingredients in for a variety of flavour, create a dryer (less sweet) brew AND improve the level of carbonation I'm achievinng after leaving the bottled product to mature for a month or so. I'm very careful with equipment hygiene and monitor the temperature carfully during fermentation too which doesn't so-far explain my poor to mild success with carbonation so far...?!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated :)

Cheers

Ando

How are you priming? Bulk priming is definitely the way to go, plenty of info on here.

To bump up the alcohol, use more sugar/fermentables in your must. Just make sure your yeast can handle a higher ABV, in case it craps out at a lower value!

You may need to use more sugar when you are priming to get a higher carbonation level.

As for extra flavour, try adding some grated ginger to the primary and maybe a chilli. I've seen people use clovers as well. Also try use raw or brown sugar as the extra sugar, which will boost ABV as well as enhance the GB taste.

GravityGuru's GB recipe is quite nice, I'm making it now. http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...&recipe=972 You don't have to follow it of course, just an idea of some things you can add to your current procedure.

Latest posts

Back