Ginger Beer And Green Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chiro

Reaction score
Ok, I have enough brown tall bottles for my brewing.

I've got 26 nice 700ml tall green bottles I was given. I've heard all about green bottles skunking beer. I was going to throw them out but then though maybe ginger beer might be ok in them. What do you think? I read somewhere it's something in the hops that skunks the beer. I'm assuming there are no hops in ginger beer, is that right? so would GB be ok in green bottles?

Ok, I have enough brown tall bottles for my brewing.

I've got 26 nice 700ml tall green bottles I was given. I've heard all about green bottles skunking beer. I was going to throw them out but then though maybe ginger beer might be ok in them. What do you think? I read somewhere it's something in the hops that skunks the beer. I'm assuming there are no hops in ginger beer, is that right? so would GB be ok in green bottles?
AFAIK Green glass if fine for ginger beer, used to put mine in clear PET's without issue. Skunking is a hop and exposure light related issue.

AFAIK Green glass if fine for ginger beer, used to put mine in clear PET's without issue. Skunking is a hop and exposure light related issue.

I thought it had something to do with the hops but wasn't sure.

Back