Ghee

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rowy said:
Christ I have a thing for Nigella!
Well your brave enough to admit it. Plenty of dudes who have a thing for old fat chicks wouldn't.

Curvey MILFs are great. To clarify my position on Nigella (like so much butter previously discussed) I fudging hate marketing an image and the people who willingly go along with it.

Producer: "So Nigella, when your tasting the bangers and mash can you kind of slap the sausage around your face a bit and get some of the mash on your honking great grandma cleavage?"

Nigella: "Sure, as long as you keep up the deal of smearing half a tub of lard over the lens whenever the shots got me past the waist"

And as for the anecdotal evidence mentioned above, didn't er first husband die of a heart attack? Coronary disease causing banshee.

jlm said:
And as for the anecdotal evidence mentioned above, didn't er first husband die of a heart attack? Coronary disease causing banshee.
Throat cancer IIRC.

And as for Nigella, marketing or not, I'd smash her back doors in like there was no tomorrow.

Ease up jlm Just a few blokes who reckon she's alright. No-one said you had to look FFS! People are entitled to make a quid. Marketing allows them to do that. Marketing helps us sell stuff that allows the rest of the country to pay tax so that people who don't can live in a great big national park called Tasmania.

Cool. If you buy one of her books/dvds I hope the sweet sweet GST revenue makes it way down here to a born and bred SEQLDer who's seen the light and knows where the good life really is.

jlm said:
Curvey MILFs are great. To clarify my position on Nigella (like so much butter previously discussed) I fudging hate marketing an image and the people who willingly go along with it.

Producer: "So Nigella, when your tasting the bangers and mash can you kind of slap the sausage around your face a bit and get some of the mash on your honking great grandma cleavage?"

Nigella: "Sure, as long as you keep up the deal of smearing half a tub of lard over the lens whenever the shots got me past the waist"

I hate marketing crap too.

I also hate her stupid voice on those tea ads but will admit that occasionally I think about breast muffins when I see a pic of her on the net. Never watched her show but I would (and no I don't mean I would watch her show).

Bribie G said:
weighlifters and bodybuilders who eat 20 dozen eggs a week usually have good cholesterol levels.
That may be the case, but an awful lot of them have F^%cked kidneys from overloading on protein.

browndog said:
Rowy, check out Rachel Khoo, The little french restaurant on SBS.
attachicon.gif
277713_rachel-khoo-3.jpg.cache.jpg

Back on topic, so what about the cholesterol free oils? are they not better for you than clarified butter?
Nice ahhh assets.

We live in hope :)

Hey, here's a graph of coronary heart disease and stroke arranged by European and Middle Eastern countries, sloping down from countries with lowest saturated fat intake to France and Switzerland who have the highest consumption of saturated animal fats. For example the French cuisine is based on butter. Italy and Spain are also interesting as they use masses of olive oil (one of my favourites other than ghee) Israel is also interesting, as Golani would confirm a typical Israeli breakfast usually includes bowls of sour cream etc. On the other hand they don't actually smoke or drink all that much in my experience there.

Sat-Fat-CHD.jpeg

Chart means nothing unless you have per capita on there.

BTW: Nigella is bloody hawt! My wife is not a small woman. That french chic mentioned on page one has bazookas under her top... Trouble is with these women it's be hard not to put a bun in her oven...

Edak said:
Chart means nothing unless you have per capita on there.

BTW: Nigella is bloody hawt! My wife is not a small woman. That french chic mentioned on page one has bazookas under her top... Trouble is with these women it's be hard not to put a bun in her oven...
Take the baguette out of the oven before its fully cooked, and then ice the muffins*

* Not guaranteed to be 100% bun proof. Although its a fully endorsed left-footer method.

I'll check the site, those figures may be per 100,000 or something - would guess so as some of those countries have very small pop - for example Georgia.

Edit: yes it's per annum per 100,000 pop and the figures were supplied by the British Heart Foundation.

Of course there are other factors as well that can exaggerate the results in some countries such as many Eastern European and West Asian countries where most of their calories come from flour, rice and potatoes or, in the case of the former Soviet Union vodka alcoholism is epedemic and smoking is almost universal. But the overall trend is pretty impressive.

every sperm is sacred

Rowy said:
Christ I have a thing for Nigella!
My claim to fame: Me and a mate dated Italian sisters, one who was a nanny for Nigella. We use to go on a regular basis back to Nigella's house, she wasn't there of coarse, after a session at the Walkabout and kept on drinking etc. into the early mornings. I never knew who she was, just that she is a celebrity chef. We walked out of Victoria station in London one day and my friend said, "Dude, that's Nigella". There it was, the biggest billboard with her on it advertising her cooking show. I felt like a celebrity.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtS2Ikk7A9I

wouldnt it be cheaper/easier to buy comercially prepared ghee?
I was under the imporession the stuff you get in green can here, is world renown

At $5 to $6 for 500g the stuff in the green tins is somewhat more expensive than Aldi unsalted butter at $2.60 for 500g

Cheapest Indian imported ghee I've bought was from Geeta Enterprises in Brisbane which is THE Indian supermarket in Queensland and it was $6.60 for a kilo tin. That stuff is nice as it's got that "rancid" twang that Practicalfool mentions above.

However Indian supermarket at Newcastle is two hour hike from here :unsure:

To save you confusion. Even in India, different regions use different milk.

For example, a 'milkfed' or 'verka' branded ghee would be that sharper buffalo milk ghee from Punjab. Fairly white in colour.

'Amul' branded ghee would be from Gujarat where they predominantly use cow milk. It has the same yellow tinge and similar in taste to Aussie produced ghee. Actually no discernible difference. I just pick up a 2 kilo tin of allowrie ghee (kiwi I think), cow milk ghee that lasts little old me a few years.

Latest posts

Back