G'day from the Blue Mountains

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HopMountain

Reaction score
Hi all

The name is Josh, just starting out homebrew.
My first batch has just finished fermenting, so will soon discover the joys of bottling.
I can tell that I want to move away from the can very quickly and get into All Grain Brewing.
Very interested in joining a local club / brew days.
look forward to learning all I can

Josh

Welcome Josh,

Upper or lower Mountains? I am in the Upper Mountains.

There are a few of us about.

Regards

Graeme

I'm have a little house in Springwood, Lower Mountains.

Have been down to Absolute Homebrew in St Marys, Pat really seems to know his stuff and was more than willing to answer a few of the many of the questions I had.
Ill be doing a Half Can / Half Grain brew for my next attempt.

Pat at Absolute Homebrew is a top guy with great brewing knowledge.
He also lives in the Mountains.

Regards

Graeme

G'day Josh. I live in Springwood too, and I'm relatively new to brewing (I'm on my 9th batch). I felt like I would want to jump into AG as quickly as possible too, but have since found there is much to be learnt with extract, hops and steeping grains (I don't use kits). Not to mention sanitation and fermentation control. I have decided not rush into it just yet.

I have been buying my supplies from Country Brewer in Richmond, as its closer to work. Absolute Homebrew is a great place to shop. You can also score really cheap supplies (and a 19L stockpot) from Big W in Richmond, though they have recently re-modeled and downsized their home brew section a bit. :unsure:

What are you brewing? And how are you bottling?

Currently have a batch of Double Hopped American Pale Ale bottled up, cracked one open today after letting condition for 2 1/2 weeks, really impressed with it. surpassingly clear, and beautiful hoppy flavours coming through. Bottling in both PET and Glass. Sanitation is certainly something I feel I have a lot more to learn about. I work in food manufacturing so I'm very aware off possible risks, especially in a more limited home environment.

Latest posts

Back