G'day from Melbourne S/E

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kahrowley

Reaction score
G'day I'm Kahrowley from Wantirna South in Melbourne and looking to start brewing my own beer from from my home grown hops.

As of yet I have not brewed or grown once, but have a a strong love for both gardening and beer and looking to combine the two for some rewards next season. So far the plan is to build the trellis in autumn and hunt down some saaz rhizomes before spring for a first crop this time next year. In the mean time its time to start experimenting with brewing in my spare time.

Let me know if you have any tips or advice.

Sanitation is the key. Read , read and read . Lots of info here just google . John Palmer is a great book for beginners . Welcome to the slippery slope .

beer belly said:
Read , read and read.
Agree wholeheartedly. I spent 3 months reading before my first brew and then another month on top of that building up my equipment - that allowed me to go straight into all grain brewing..

Couple of other tips; use the search function on here and always check youtube for a video explanation if you're still confused, be patient and expect to make mistakes.

Get along to Melbourne Brewers club night tomorrow. Just up the rd from you in FTG.
Meet other brewers and learn heaps

Latest posts

Back