Gas bottle leak

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hillsey

Reaction score
I have a 2.5kg gas bottle which I bought 2nd hand with my kegerator. After having it filled for the second time since I've had it, it has a leak in it from under the main open/close tap. After speaking to another person, they also said that they are having the same problem with theirs. Has anyone else had this issue? Is it time for a new gas bottle?

is it MKOL ?
or what brand ?

i had a MKOL one leak when the valev was off (from around the top of the twisty bit of the valve not the valve / bottle thread) and was helped out by the supplier where they swamped it out for a new swap one after talking to MKOL etc.

or if your own a gas bottle certification mob would put in a new valve if that is the issue

From what I can see it says westway on the bottle. Is that the brand?

Went to fill my Wesyway bottle today and exactly the same thing. Bloody annoying because it is only the second time I'd filled it. Also bought second hand. What did you end up doing with yours Hillsey?

do they leak if the bottle valve is on and the REG is off ?

mine leaked if the bottle valve tap was off regards of REG on or off
but if valve on and REG "off" it would not leak

i reckon they will need new valves... get it re-certified when you do

I ended up just buying a new one. There hasn't been an issue since. What are you guys doing? Can they be fixed?

Back