Gas Bottle Leak :(

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

river_bouy

Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I racked an English ESB into a corny keg a few days ago. Burped the keg, set the gas to serving pressure and left it.

Went to check on it today and it looks like the lid did not seal tightly and I have emptied my CO2 bottle. Gggrrrrrr!

I am going to get the Bottle refilled tomorrow morning, but my question is my beer going to be oxidized???

Has been sitting in a non-pressurised Keg in the fridge for about 4 days. I have heard that CO2 is heavier than air so maybe a layer would have remained on-top of the beer protecting it from the oxygen?

Thanks in advance.

Hey Guys,
I racked an English ESB into a corny keg a few days ago. Burped the keg, set the gas to serving pressure and left it.

Went to check on it today and it looks like the lid did not seal tightly and I have emptied my CO2 bottle. Gggrrrrrr!

I am going to get the Bottle refilled tomorrow morning, but my question is my beer going to be oxidized???

Has been sitting in a non-pressurised Keg in the fridge for about 4 days. I have heard that CO2 is heavier than air so maybe a layer would have remained on-top of the beer protecting it from the oxygen?

Thanks in advance.

I think your beer will be fine, shame about the gas though :(

<snip>

I have heard that CO2 is heavier than air so maybe a layer would have remained on-top of the beer protecting it from the oxygen?

<snip>

Yep, the CO2 will blanket the beer no problems.

QldKev

Latest posts

Back