Gage Rds London Best

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm... Methinks I'll seek this out. I really like the whole Gage Roads range. Not great but still good all the same. I still think their IPA is the best local attempt I've had yet at replicating a Burton water profile. :)

Warren -

G'day Warren,
One bottle of the London Best should do you.

Pete

PS On the topic of IPA's. Seek out Redoak IPA & Murray's 2IPA. Not designed for social occasions, cause you'll just sit there with a silly grin, making Mmmmmmh sounds, but who cares :) I don't think the Redoak is in bottles, so that might have to wait for a trip to their Cafe in Sydney.

G'day Warren,
One bottle of the London Best should do you.

Pete

PS On the topic of IPA's. Seek out Redoak IPA & Murray's 2IPA. Not designed for social occasions, cause you'll just sit there with a silly grin, making Mmmmmmh sounds, but who cares :) I don't think the Redoak is in bottles, so that might have to wait for a trip to their Cafe in Sydney.

Thanks for the heads up Pete and you're dead right.

Tried a bottle tonight. Unfortunately it's just plain filthy in comparison to the rest of their range. :(

Warren -

Can we expect a reply from the brewer in the form of a petulant outburst?

Does he read this board?

I had a London Best last night at Equilibrium. Not bad, but their IPA I had earlier was heaps nicer.

Had a St Arnou light also. Bloody horrible. I hardly touched it, & no one at our table liked it.
I can only describe it as very citrusy, like someone squeezed a whole lemon into it.
Really I should've taken it back to the bar, as there could've been something wrong.

I tried this for the first time last night and was pleased I did. I thought it was a very nice beer - similar to a couple i have made with either Styrian or EK Goldings. It was a bit thin but hey they went down very well. $22 a six pack is a bit rich though. On the label it says its part of a world tour. What other beers/parts of the world are they planning on?
Cheers
Steve

Yes Steve the next in the range is the New World Wheat, an American Style Wheat Beer. It was shipped out to the stores on Wednesday, So you should be seeing it soon. Horizon,Cascade for the hopping with a massive hit of Cascade in the whirlpool and a blend of German and American yeast, give it a background banana fruitiness and backed up with a lot of Cascade on the nose and pellet. very drinkable and we are very happy with the results.

cheers

Just wondering if anyone has had the Gage Roads Pils?

After reading this thread on pilsners I was curious to try some different types http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=38147

This was the most dissapointing beer ive had in ages!!! its just tastes like watery mid strength lager... I cant believe i payed $4 for it...

just wondering if anyone else has had it and their thoughts?

p.s the Pilsner Urquell tastes so much better after it though!

Actually, I don't mind the Pils. It is a midstrength and it is a lager, but I personally don't find it watery. For a midstrength beer, this would be my choice behind Rogers.

Actually, I don't mind the Pils. It is a midstrength and it is a lager, but I personally don't find it watery. For a midstrength beer, this would be my choice behind Rogers.

yeah its a lager but i didnt think it had any strong characteristics of a pilsner...maybe its just my uncultured taste buds. Maybe it deserves another go
love the rogers though!

Back