• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

FS: Grolsch Bottles - Newcastle NSW - $1 each

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SBOB

Reaction score
Got about 100 Grolsch bottles to sell. Moved to kegs so these are now sitting waiting for a new home.

All in excellent condition, de-labelled, clean and ready to be sanitised for a next brew
All seals good and some replaced with new silicon seals

Listed on gumtree
http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/wallsend/other-home-garden/grolsch-bottles-home-brew-beer-1-each-discount-for-bulk/1125613556

Not sure what the going rate is, some on gumtree seem stupidly priced.
Priced at $1 each if someone just wants a few, bit cheaper to take a heap

Hopefully some AHB forum member can give them a new home

Go on, give em away to someone in the brewing community......

JDW81.....that is a magnificent idea mate. Kick off the trend with all your brewing gear and we will see if it catches on. But let me know you just before you list it please.

AJS2154 said:
JDW81.....that is a magnificent idea mate. Kick off the trend with all your brewing gear and we will see if it catches on. But let me know you just before you list it please.
I did just give away an urn....

I've got a plastic shopping bag full of used condoms. Can't give 'em away! WTF.
(good gear too, only used vaginally).

Feldon said:
That's a dead set bargin, somebody should jump on that!

Feldon said:
wanna trade? ;)

Ok, so all jokes aside.

If SBOB wants to sell his bottles that's fine, and his decision, but there is a difference between giving away bottles to giving away large bits of brewing kit.

Would be a great gesture to see the bottles as a giveaway to help a new brewer get into the game or expand their capabilities.

FWIW if I needed bottles and was close by I'd pay a dollar or two each as they are quality glassware, but I'm also a believer in passing gear off to others if they are surplus to requirements and have served me well.

JD

JDW81 said:
Ok, so all jokes aside.

If SBOB wants to sell his bottles that's fine, and his decision, but there is a difference between giving away bottles to giving away large bits of brewing kit.

Would be a great gesture to see the bottles as a giveaway to help a new brewer get into the game or expand their capabilities.

FWIW if I needed bottles and was close by I'd pay a dollar or two each as they are quality glassware, but I'm also a believer in passing gear off to others if they are surplus to requirements and have served me well.

JD
if they were just regular old crown caps, sure
But i bought Grolsch bottles when i started bottling knowing that its quality and way better than capping.

>FWIW if I needed bottles and was close by I'd pay a dollar or two each as they are quality glassware

guess im selling them too cheap then ;)

mstrelan said:
Old mate in Brisbane sells 20x500mL German swingtops for $8.
Postage from Brisbane to NSW where these are being sold would be a bitch.. Would end up being more than $1 a bottle. This is a bloody good deal!

My local 'transfer station' has got a shop attached where they sell reclaimed stuff.

I saw 100 or so grolsch swing tops and thought I had got lucky first dibs, so I asked how much? Wouldn't let them go for less than $2 each!

That's why they're still there.....

Beerwah, if anyone is really keen.

so far 75 have been sold

got at least 30 more to offload
going rate is $20/25 bottles

Moad said:
Sbob I'll take them, need to replenish bottles I never get returned to me and I'm not paying $50 for 12 grolsches again
no worries
pm'd you

Moad said:
Sbob I'll take them, need to replenish bottles I never get returned to me and I'm not paying $50 for 12 grolsches again
You are all for the cause mate
Respect really! Well done!

Latest posts

Back