Fruit Salad APA

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would definitely second the use of citra in your recipe.

An extra 15g Citra in the dry hop wont bump up the IBU much and you would still be solidly in the APA territory

Thanks coodgee, that's what I have read also. How did you use the mosaic and Galaxy in your schedule?

I've changed my mind about the whirlpool additions. I followed the recipe for the free all grain kit I got with my grainfather that called for 120 grams of high alpha hops at flame out and 120 grams dry hopped. I put it into beersmith which predicted 60 ibu and when I tasted it yesterday I think beersmith was right! The recipe said it was 35 ibu but the taste was not very pleasant at all. So it's hard to trust what I'm going to get with whirlpool additions maybe need to do some maths!

I'm drinking a Coopers Mexican cerveza/dry wheat/light dry malt dry hopped with 40g Nelson Sauvin, 30g Kohatu and 10g Citra and it's got a stunning aroma and hoppy taste. Needs some spec grains though but it goes down quick as. Fruity hop combo's rock

Coodgee said:
I've changed my mind about the whirlpool additions. I followed the recipe for the free all grain kit I got with my grainfather that called for 120 grams of high alpha hops at flame out and 120 grams dry hopped. I put it into beersmith which predicted 60 ibu and when I tasted it yesterday I think beersmith was right! The recipe said it was 35 ibu but the taste was not very pleasant at all. So it's hard to trust what I'm going to get with whirlpool additions maybe need to do some maths!
Did you no-chill or chill that brew?

The recipe called for adding the hops at flame out and steeping for 30 minutes before chilling. So that's what I did.I think the recipe must have been developed in New Zealand where the air temperature is cooler compared to Brisbane. Also I hang my hop bags over the edge of the grainf father so they sit near the top of the wort which is probably the hottest part.

Latest posts

Back