Fridgemate Temp Control Problem

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dre

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I've been using the fridgemate to control me ale ferments via a brew belt for the first time. The probe is stuck to the wall of the fermenter and insulated with bubblewrap.

I've set the "set point" to 17C and the differential is set at the minimum value of 1C.

My assumption is that the brew belt should switch off when the temp reaches 18C (17C + 1C differenction), but the "heating light" is still on even 18C is reached. Whats going on here???

If i swich the fridgmate off then on again at this point, the "heating light" then goes away.

I guess I should let it go and see what temp it reaches before the brew belt switched off, but I don't want my ferment reaching 20 degrees or over.

Any comments is appreciated.

Hi Guys,

I've been using the fridgemate to control me ale ferments via a brew belt for the first time. The probe is stuck to the wall of the fermenter and insulated with bubblewrap.

I've set the "set point" to 17C and the differential is set at the minimum value of 1C.

My assumption is that the brew belt should switch off when the temp reaches 18C (17C + 1C differenction), but the "heating light" is still on even 18C is reached. Whats going on here???

If i swich the fridgmate off then on again at this point, the "heating light" then goes away.

I guess I should let it go and see what temp it reaches before the brew belt switched off, but I don't want my ferment reaching 20 degrees or over.

Any comments is appreciated.

I beleive there is a setting in the fridgemate that sets a time it waits before it switched off/on.
Not 100% sure. but if its set to 5 say. it might wait 5 minutes before it switches off once temperature is hit.

You have to set the timing delay which controls how long the unit takes to switch on or off.

In the Functions Setting Menu set F1 to 1 minute if you have F4 set to 2 (Heating Mode)

Regards Graeme

I think you'll find it will turn off after the temperature has exceeded the Setpoint + Differential and the delay has also been exceeded

i.e. with Setpoint = 17 deg, Differential = 1 deg, Delay = 5 min, and in heating mode.

It will turn ON as soon as the temperature is 16 deg (or less than 17)

It will turn OFF when the temperature has been 19 deg (or greater than 17+1) for more than 5 mins

Back