Freezer Conversion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job Doc looks 100%

I am very interested in you font cooling set-up , if you don't post it here can you please email me

Cheers Batz

All I can say is I want one :)

Ahh well gotta have something to upgrade in the future. :ph34r:

ATM I'm just running cold water through it.
I've set the pump up on the thermostat so each time the freezer comes on to cool down the pump comes on too.
The font is cool to touch but not super cold like a glycol one.
I may change the coolant when I get a more appropriate vessel for the liquid resoviour. Currently I'm just using a 5 litre bucket.
Here is a picture of what I'm drinking right now from it (Arroant *******).
The beer is pouring a little quick but I'm still waiting on the inline beer flow restrictors to arrive so I'm not going to stuff around with it.
I've posted more pictures to the gallery. You can check them out starting on this page here

Beers,
Doc

36._Yeah_baby._Cold_Arrogant_Bastard_on_tap_again.jpg

Doc, that looks fantastic! Congratulations on your successful set-up.

My 3-tap font arrives from the UK today. I can't wait to get home and check it out! Now I just need some kegs, gas, beer lines, regulator, disconnects...... and money...

Cheers - Snow

well done doc im very impressed.
and jealous :p

cheers
big d

I sent the photos off to my mate at the brewery in NZ that scored me the font. He showed it to the guys over there and they were pretty impressed.
Looks like they might have a drip tray for me too. Will know later in the week when the Beer Services Manager is back :D
Now there is a great title Beer Services Manager.

Do you guys have any suggestions for a non-toxic liquid I could use to pump through the font. Currently I'm pumping just water.

Beers,
Doc

Heres my latest purchase. Should pick it up on the weekend and start building the bar surround for it. I have the 4-tier ready to go.

I just love the shiny stuff :)

collage_before.jpg

ok, so i finally went up to grain and grape and picked up a gas bottle :)

today is a happy day.

i also have the thermostat from poodz in the mail, should be he any day now, then i have everything to run 2 kegs (got 3 taps, but only 2 kegs as of yet.)

so tonight i will be playing around with some pressures and stuff, and turning the freezer on and then manually turning it off before my beer freezes, and i will try to pull a pot.

cant wait.

can someone point me in the right direction to read up on carbonating? i think there was a threat, ill try and track it down.

cheers everyone

I spoke to another fridge mechanic the other day who confirmed that if you run a freezer at fridge temps, that the compressor will die after a year or two, as their not made to run at those temperatures.

No, he wasn't trying to sell me anything, just warning me not to spend too many $$ on the freezer as i'd be up for a new compressor after a while, so i sorta believe him.

so how long have people been running there chest freezers? anyone gones over 2 years? id like to know alittle more about that, as it may influence the decision to make a surround for it.

Kman

What was the gas bottle worth from Grain & Grape...

The rental.....

$15 for the rental, $30 to fill, bloody cheap, he said brew shops can get this deal from liquide air, but my local doesnt have it.

bloody cheap, i told him that i was quoted $130 in geelong and he laughed, well worth the trip.

Looks good, i was going to mount my font like that, do you have to move the freezer each time to open the lid?

That is an awesome setup there Doc.
I must say you've made myself and many others here green with envy.

Thanks Hoops.
Working like a charm.
Here is almost the last glass of Arrogant ******* Ale clone coming from it.

Beers,
Doc

KegFreezerConversion_054.jpg

looks like you will have to make some more arrogant ******* doc. ;)
will have to put down one myself sooner rather than later.

cheers
big d

Latest posts

Back