Freezer Conversion

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a call from my wife while on my way to work this morning and my four tap flooded font has arrived.
Hanging out to get home and check it out.
But first I have to go to RedOak for lunch :p

Re-did all my gas lines a couple of nights ago. All nice and tidy now. Also picked up some trunk-line to keep the beer lines insulated from Andale on Monday.

Still waiting on the beer line flow restrictors. Ultimate Air are out of stock and are waiting for a shipment to arrive. When I rang they had 6 in stock but they were allocated to a brew shop :(

The conversion completion is getting very close. Will be great to have beer back on tap. The picnic tap sucks but has been getting me by ;)

Doc

Looking forward to the pics of the finished project Doc, looks good so far and the four taps should look very good indeed :)

Hey Doc, did you order the restrictors with the allen key, or thumb screw adjustment?
UA said they were going to get some of the thumb screw ones in, and am keen to hear reports.

jgriffin said:
Hey Doc, did you order the restrictors with the allen key, or thumb screw adjustment?
UA said they were going to get some of the thumb screw ones in, and am keen to hear reports.
The allen key ones.

Beers,
Doc

Here is my make-shift, took me about 1 hour, freezer conversion. As u can see, the shelf is not wide enough. Thats because my original shelf was 5mm too wide and i dont have anything to cut it. So the black laminated chip-board shelf from an old entertainment unit will do the job for now!

freezerconversion1.jpg

And some more pics. Its a pretty small freezer. The step inside makes it possible to fit only 2 kegs.

freezerconversion2.jpg

freezerconversion3.jpg

freezerconversion4.jpg

what size gas bottle is that?

where did you get it?

how many kegs do you get out of it?

Nice Poodz....

But i could have cut what you wanted - just give me a ring and come down when you want it cut...

Glad to see the GMK supplied post and tap up and running - looks really good - end of plug....
:D

cost you $70????? it says $120 on the website?

and will places like BOC refill these?

Well 70-$80 back when I got it , is was empty , Oz post requirement

No BOC will not fill them

I got one of the gas bottles from Dave also. The $80 was an introductory offer, that's why the price is now higher.

ANy fireextinguisher place will refill them for you.....

Haven't had to refill mine yet so can't tell you how much a refill costs, they're 1.5 kg tho

I havent had to refil my gas bottle yet either.

GMK, the shelf is just temporary as my bigger piece was about 5mm to long. I did have your saw in mind but i just couldnt wait.

The font is in. Looking the goods. Lines all sterilised.
Will get the cooling happening tonight.

Beers,
Doc

KegFreezerConversion_016.jpg

looks bloody fantastic Doc! B) Very nice work, hope comissioning goes well tonight, remember work tomorrow :)

JasonY said:
hope comissioning goes well tonight, remember work tomorrow :)
Tomorrow will be an easy day at work.
All I have on in the morning is Creative Writing 101 (Time Sheets :) )

Got the aquarium pump working and cooling down the font.
Just trying to workout whether I put the pump on a timer or hook it into the thermostat. Trial and error.

More photos later.

Beers,
Doc

So how cool does it keep the font Doc? And what are you pumping? Water? Radiator fluid?

I've been waiting to see the results of such a setup.

Latest posts

Back