Free, West 6100 Pid

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrissyBrew

MashMaster
Reaction score
Now I have your attention down to the deal. I have two identical Edge 6100 PIDs. My offer is one free PID in return for a SSR, thermocouple, and programming assistance.

In short I will exchange one PID for assistance to wire up the other PID considering they are idential anybody with the appropriate knowledge gets a PID in return for wiring up two units and supplying a couple SSR and probs, if the costs of the SSR or probes is high I would consider contributing.

My preference is somebody with the appropriate knowledge (or knows somebody who has it) and lives in the Brisbane area.

link to manual
http://instrumentation-central.com/pages/w...rol_support.htm

BrissyBrew

These look like quite expencive units where as the probes are quite cheap, (under $50).

You didn't mention what you are using the controller for so it's a bit hard to help remotely.

I would recomend that you get a pt100 (rtd) probe rather than a thermocouple as these are less prone to noise and interferance.

If you are not intending on submersing the probe in wort I have a spare PT100 and are more then happy to give you a demo on how they work (and maybe have a few beers) On the other hand if you source your own probe, (I can give you a few suppliers that I have used) I am more than happy to walk you through the setup.

Regards Derrick

I want to use it for my HLT (heating) may use it for a spare fridge as well. PT100 prob is probably what I am going to want anyways.

There is also the cost of a SSR, I was thinking a 20amp one so I can use it regardless of system growth.

BrissyBrew

I manage the switchboard division of electrical contracting company and while I use SSR's for controlling heater banks in industrial situations, I only use contactors at home. The amount of use and the number of times they would actualy have to switch per use I would be suprised if you ever wear them out.
I can probably find one around second hand for the right price.

My HLT actualy dosn't have any more control than a digital thermometer. But because my system is all gas I have to be in the area anyway while they are on.

The only floor with my system is I cant set the HLT to be hot when I get up to start the brew.

If you get the chance maybe you should pop down for a beer ( I live at Shailer Park) and we can run through the use of the controlers. If you are allowing for future expansion I would be trying to hold on to the other controler as I have three at the moment and will be putting in at least one more as soon as I build my cold room.

Regards Derrick

Latest posts

Back