• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Free - Fermenting Freezer / Lagering Freezer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

davewaldo

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I have a smallish freezer I used to use for fermenting in. Its a Westinghouse 210L. Its the type with the coolant running through the shelves. I could fit one fermenter into the tallest shelf (with a hole cut for the airlock) and a cube on the bottom shelf.

Its free to anyone who wants to take it (but I wouldn't say no to a homebrew or two). The inside looks a little rusty in spots but the outside is in pretty good nick.

Just add a fridgemate and you're away! I found a freezer like this better than a fridge as it had no problems getting down to really cold temps, and because its well insulated it doesn't seem to need to turn on for as long each day to maintain the temps. Runs pretty quiet.

I'll post some photos later if needed.

Pick up is from Rochedale South (South of Brisbane) anytime as I'm on holidays. Send me a PM to get the details.

Cheers,

David.

Pm sent.

Ill get some home brews bottled!!!

Here are some Pics and Dimensions.

Internal sizes:
Depth: 41.5cm
Height: 124cm
Width: 40cm

Main Shelf space/Height: 41.5cm

Second Shelf space/Height: 38cm

The shelves with no piping can be removed. The ones with piping are fixed.

This fridge will fit pail type fermenters or coopers fermenters with gladwrap lid. The coopers fermenter lid is just a bit too tall.

Dave.

IMG_4923.jpg

IMG_4924.jpg

FYI: I've got one of these and you can bend up the middle shelf and cable tie it too the back and fit 2 kegs in them. or leave as is and fit in 2 cubes for racking or a fermenter or 2 depending on size in it.

Gone! Hope it will give you years of service! And sorry we never met. Thanks for the beers!

Cheers Dave,

Rest assured it has gone to a good Home.

Let me know how those Doc Smurtos Ales go. Hope you enjoy

Cheers

Rob :icon_cheers:

Back