Free Craft Glasses At Bws!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thinking of getting some tomoz. What volume do they take? A schmiddy it seems like? I like me schooeys or larger.

You'll be alright, just have to refill a bit faster.

Thinking of getting some tomoz. What volume do they take? A schmiddy it seems like? I like me schooeys or larger.
I just did a rough measure as I still haven't used mine, but you should get at least 350, depending on how you pour your beer.

C'mon Perry. I've honestly only ever broken four, maybe five of your best glasses.....

hear hear!

And you got all cranky when I broke my own glass at your place...

:ph34r:

Yeah, but I cleaned up the mess did I not.....

;)

And you were punished by having your mother-in-law come and pick you up....

Yeah, but I cleaned up the mess did I not.....

;)

And you were punished by having your mother-in-law come and pick you up....

I thought "cruel and unusual punishment" was banned in this country. :p

I just want the free glasses......

I talked the young fella at my local BWS into giving me some. I bought 1 Coopers pale Ale tallie. I told him I'd bring in a bottle of my home brew to try. I lied.

I'll just throw in my objective 2 cents worth here for the sake of defending glass styles and say without being pompous or instructive, that although the Trappist style goblets could appear as having no practical qualities other than being grandiose or pretentious, theres a few design purposes that affect factors other than taste, for those who aren't aware.

1. The stem prevents heat from the drinkers hand from being transfered into the beer. Is this necessary? No, but if you're drinking a Chimay or something it's going to be a sipping beer, not a guzzling beer at the pub, so it sure helps.

2. The wide rim of the glass apparently accents aromatic qualities. We're presuming of course the people who're drinking premium beers care for such a thing.

3. The wide rim also accommodates for enhanced carbonation in some of the more Trappist/Belgian style beers such as La Chouffe, which has unrelenting carbonation in which a pint glass wouldn't manage greatly.

I haven't missed any 'point' to this thread, I'm just stating this to justify this certain style, for anyone who thought they were 'pointless' when paired with beer. Obviously, given the context, drinking a Fat Yak out of one of these isn't utilising the intended purposes of such a glass, but hell, if you just like the aesthetics of the glass, then why not drink out of it? I don't doubt they're marketed and paired with these beers because they think the public will want to snap them up because they 'look cool'. And they do, IMO. And who cares if those people aren't aware of the appropriate style for the glass or drink their macro-beers from them. It's not as if the Glassware Police are going to burst in through your door and take you to court on charges of 'Inappropriate glassware usage", and at the end of the day, they're the ones critiquing and deconstructing blatant flavoured beers, so let them.
Hear, hear.

I talked the young fella at my local BWS into giving me some. I bought 1 Coopers pale Ale tallie. I told him I'd bring in a bottle of my home brew to try. I lied.
Now that's tight.

I'm assuming you're not proud of your homebrew? If you are proud of what you brew, and drink, bring the guy in a beer.

You might convert yet another drinker off the megaswill teat, possibly make a brewing/drinking mate, and maybe, just maybe, find true love...

I'm assuming you're not proud of your homebrew? If you are proud of what you brew, and drink, bring the guy in a beer.

You might convert yet another drinker off the megaswill teat, possibly make a brewing/drinking mate, and maybe, just maybe, find true love...

:D

And he may slip you the odd promo glass in the future, (ie, Stellla glasses without having to buy any Stella).

Got mine today. Not a bad glass at all.

ranger.png

Went out of my way to grab mine today. Very happy, thanks almopec!

Dropped into BWSon Friday night and picked up a 6e of white rabbit white ale to try and a couple of glasses.

Was impressed with both beer and glasses. SWMBO also liked glasses and would have liked the beer more if it wasn't a carb, she suggested I get some more.

Now a proud owner of six glasses and looking for a nice white ale recipe :)

Does anyone know when this promotion ends?

went in, guy had no Idea about it but gave me 3 bitburger glasses (very average quality imo) with my 6 pack instead. He was happy to get rid of them.

I'd prefer those stemmed glasses...

Latest posts

Back