Free can of tooheys draught.. throw it or has someone got a recipe

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

southcoastbrewer

Reaction score
Hey all,
have a can of this red rubbish given to me with a ferment vessel, Are there any recipes to make it taste good? Having gone to all grain and only using the coopers sparkling thomas coopers kits these days with a heap of extra dry hopping etc i have no idea what to do with it. When i first started out a few years ago i made a can of the special larger and it was shite.

Thanks for the help guys

Cheers

Make it up to 15l, ditch the supplied yeast. Dry hop to hi heven with your fav hops.

If it's the old original draught I grew up on that stuff I remember getting a sip or two from Grandad. Still a fond memory.

I dare say if they still produced it. It would be far better than this extra dry shite they peddle now!

But yeah dry hop atomic bomb that stuff. Galaxy will sort it out :D I heard it cures cancer.

S-04 yeast, 500g LDME, 350g Dextrose, 150g crystal grain steeped , 10g of Cluster hopping boiled for 20min and another 10g dry in the fermenter for a half-week before bottling...

Try this,

Mash 2.5 kg of Weyermann Bo pils for 60 mins at 65 add 10gr of Willamette aa6.5% as a First Wort Hop addition and bring to boil.
Boil for 60 mins and add 10gr of Willamette aa6.5% at 3 minutes.
Cool and add tin of goo and top up to 21 litres then pitch 20gramms of Nottingham or if you have temp control any good lager yeast, Wyeast 2042 is good.
The Notto can ferment cool if you can, around 17 to 18 deg.
When finished crash chill for a few days and then keg or bottle as required

I have made this for my son a few times with various tins of goo that he buys and it comes out quite good.

Cheers

For a brewclub comp I used a can of toohey's draught, 500g brown sugar and Belle saison yeast. Chucked in some oak as well because it was on the bench as I mixing this up.

Fermented in a box in the sun.

Some people liked it.

kevo said:
For a brewclub comp I used a can of toohey's draught, 500g brown sugar and Belle saison yeast. Chucked in some oak as well because it was on the bench as I mixing this up.

Fermented in a box in the sun.

Some people liked it.
Really :ph34r:

Wow some good ideas here guys thanks, keep em coming, def keen on Dicko and DU99s contributions.. pity no brew shops are open till the 6th of Jan down here, have one fermenter doing nothing till then, tis a sad sight lol...

southcoastbrewer said:
Wow some good ideas here guys thanks, keep em coming, def keen on Dicko and DU99s contributions.. pity no brew shops are open till the 6th of Jan down here, have one fermenter doing nothing till then, tis a sad sight lol...
You could sub any light coloured Pilsener or ale grain to maintain the light colour. You could also sub the hops for just about anything around to 5% to 6.5% AA. If my boy wants to try something new I might suggest Cascade and see if I can ween him off that bland lager taste that he seems to be fixed on.
I'll put it this way, he is not keen on my Fat Yak clone because it "tastes different" :lol: :chug:

Back