Fracking idiots

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Liam_snorkel said:
two of SWMBO's family members work for a well known CSG company and yes word within the company is they do the bare minimum regarding impact studies and fudge the reports as much as they can. It's just accepted & expected, & it makes perfect business sense for them to do so.

Regarding your ABC comment, name just one investigative journalism program on a commercial station which would investigate something of more substance than dodgy plumbers or neighbourhood disputes..
You mean ACA is classed as news? I thought it was just a bad reality TV show with no Jerry Springer

Dave70 said:
I was kind of taking the piss, but anyway, if by 'laws' you're referring to Reinheitsgebot, that law is about as watered down as a bottle of Hahn Lite, and rightly so. Some 500 year old injunction aimed at stopping brewers from cornering the market on cereal crops and driving up the cost of bread is hardly relevant today. According to Reinheitsgebot, you couldn't legally produce a a beer like Duvel cos there's sugaz in there. Imagine that.

If your not referring to Reinheitsgebot, then simply ignore me.
For some reason I totally didn't get the piss take when I was reading it early morning and actually thought you were dead serious. Get it now.

And no, I wasn't referring to the Reinheitsgebot, but to the Mineral- und Tafelwasser-Verordnung, which regulates exactly what I said before about bottling pure water, and a few other things.

mrTbeer said:
The ABC would be better if they gave Karina Carvalho a seat and gave Leigh Sales the arse!
haha, she is certainly easy on the eye (Karina), but probably doesn't have the journalistic clout yet to take on 730. Leigh is bright a bit soft on everyone (from all sides of politics), and Chris Uhlman is a bit of a wanker when he takes the chair, he lacks tact.
I dunno, Kerry left a big pair of boots to step into IMO.

I actually think laws designed to put good practice into law are rather good. Stops the big guys from stomping on the little guys for a few bucks extra. Good conservationist practices usually make a bit less money than bad populist ones. Take craft beer for example. Takes an enlightened government/people to take the long view.

Re reihensegebot, very practical law of the time that has gradually been revised/changed with time, as it should. Did you know that a few years ago the govt in India banned the export of certain food products due to profiteering and subsequent shortages in local markets. I'd rather have smart conscientious people in government than ones that sell to the highest bidder.

Latest posts

Back