Fourex Summer Cloudy Ginger Beer

• Thread starter bradsbrew
  • Start date
Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used to make a mix of Stones and Wild Turkey, ginger ale optional.
A Stoned Turkey

The main problem I have with products such as this is that they continue to take up more tap space at pubs and clubs like cider has.

Yeah, tried this friday arvo, total waste of coin. tastes like a very bland beer with a slight hint of ginger. :icon_vomit:

won't be getting this again.

Now there's a blast from the past. I haven't had one of those in years and for good reason, the hangover that accompanies it has to be experienced to be believed. Only a couple of points behind a jager-bomb hangover.
:icon_vomit:

True here too, only things SWMBO has banned me from drinking = 1. Jagermeister and 2. Stones ginger wine

I think it's because 'perry' sounds too 'gay'

What you talkin' about!

Edit: If its anything like the beer :icon_vomit:

Last edited by a moderator:
this is a combination of being on topic and off topic. its off topic cause it aint about xxxxGB, but its about gingerbeer. i saw in a dans add the other day about 4 or 5 new GBs from megabreweries. well ok it may have been a few megabreweries and a ffew smaller ones. but looks like BG is going the way of cider

edit:
http://danmurphys.com.au/beer-cider/ginger-beer.

looks like bluetongue was one of them. prob bloody awful also. another 'larger infused with ginger'. so's the wychwood

I had the blue tongue ginger beer. It tasted like bland beer infused with ginger. Whilst it wasn't a beer i would buy, I enjoyed it because I could see the potential in the idea. I haven't got around to it but an all grain ginger beer is on 'the list'. I love making alcoholic ginger beer, but the sickly sweetness of the artificial sweeteners mean i can't drink too much of it.

A light clean lager heavily infused with ginger would be a welcome addition on the taps around here.

Edit- Here's a recipe i found in a homebrewing magazine before christmas http://www.aussiehomebrewer.com/forum/inde...showtopic=60250 It wasn't a very detailed recipe but i spose you gotta start somehwere!

this is a combination of being on topic and off topic. its off topic cause it aint about xxxxGB, but its about gingerbeer. i saw in a dans add the other day about 4 or 5 new GBs from megabreweries. well ok it may have been a few megabreweries and a ffew smaller ones. but looks like BG is going the way of cider

edit:
http://danmurphys.com.au/beer-cider/ginger-beer.

looks like bluetongue was one of them. prob bloody awful also. another 'larger infused with ginger'. so's the wychwood
I've had the Crabbies (they made a typo) and Hollows (also average). Will look for the Rose River ones though, some look interesting.

Just drank a Rose River Lemon GB. Tastes like solo with a tiny, tiny dash of ginger refresher. Avoid like the plague (unless you're fan of Cruisers).

So very happy I have 3 more varieties waiting in the fridge. <_<

[EDIT: Just had a second one (What?! I already own them, what do you want me to do with them?) and there is a cloying sweetness to them that just keeps building up and stays with you for ages. Really bloating too. This is probably the worst thing I've drunk since, um, a really long time ago.]

Please excuse me while I go for the AHB posts-in-a-row record.

Just tried the Rose River Original GB.

Look. For the love of god, do not ever buy any of their products. I wish I hadn't been so amped to find a new commercial GB and had stopped to read the label first. Permit me to quote from memory (i.e. paraphrase):

"Made from [some bullshit about the best water you've ever heard of] and all natural colours and flavours".

Yeah. Fucken tastes like it too. Your SWMBO might like it (if she's fifteen and never had a drink before).

Anyone tried the hobgoblin Ginger beer? Is it ginger beer or a beer with ginger added.

Cheers

Beer with ginger added. The ginger is very forward though - I don't recall noticing any significant hop presence. Was a bit too sweet for me. Wasn't my cup of tea.

Yeah its the latter. Beer with ginger. Yeah I had bundy GB but alcoholic in mind when I bought it.

Exactly what I was hoping for.
Was just as disappointed as yourself.
Tastes exactly like xxx summer with a dash of ginger cordial (someone suggested this was possible)
Very Disappointed...

Now to try and brew something like Alcoholic Bundy GB.

Latest posts

Back