Quantcast

Fourex Summer Cloudy Ginger Beer

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

Rowy

Drinker of Kegs, Slayer of Fish & Ruiner of Good F
Reaction score
Saw it myself Brad but stayed well clear. Probably as tasteless as the beer.

bradsbrew

Who's up for a pint?
Reaction score
Saw it myself Brad but stayed well clear. Probably as tasteless as the beer.
Yeah that was my thoughts as well Rowy. But I might grab a couple of bottles tommorrow and give it a crack.

Rowy

Reaction score
Yeah that was my thoughts as well Rowy. But I might grab a couple of bottles tommorrow and give it a crack.

Give it a heads up if it's OK Brad if its tasteless SWMBO will probably find it attractive. Might throw a couple her way, though Monteiths crushed apply cider is her go at the moment. That could of course change in the next millisecond or normally just after I buy a heap :angry:

kevo

Reaction score
I find it odd that the current brewing and brewery craze isn't for beer.

Do wish they'd call a perry a perry though.

jbowers

Reaction score
I find it odd that the current brewing and brewery craze isn't for beer.

Do wish they'd call a perry a perry though.
They don't call a perry a perry? I was under the impression that most of the 'pear ciders' sold here would not be classed as perry by CAMRA as they are not made using traditional perry pears. Rather, they mostly use pear concentrate or other types of pear.

Rina

Reaction score
They don't call a perry a perry? I was under the impression that most of the 'pear ciders' sold here would not be classed as perry by CAMRA as they are not made using traditional perry pears. Rather, they mostly use pear concentrate or other types of pear.
I think it's because 'perry' sounds too 'gay'

Last edited by a moderator:

bconnery

Share and Enjoy
Reaction score
I was reading somewhere the other day that it basically all came about because the wider market didn't understand what 'perry' was, but could relate that it was a pear cider, so they called it that.
Camra definitions aside the terms are pretty synonomous in terms of what is on the market at the moment...

bradsbrew

Who's up for a pint?
Reaction score
Well I went and bought a bottle, was tempted to grab a sixer for $12 and am now glad I only wasted $3 dollars on a single. Had a good ginger aroma when poured into glass but that was where the excitment ended. It tasted like a hybrid between a tasteless beer and a tasteless ginger beer. It wouldn't suprise me if they just put some ginger cordial in the summer lager. Waste of a clean glass really, I did drink it all as punishment for being an optimist.

Cheers

Rowy

Reaction score
Well I went and bought a bottle, was tempted to grab a sixer for $12 and am now glad I only wasted $3 dollars on a single. Had a good ginger aroma when poured into glass but that was where the excitment ended. It tasted like a hybrid between a tasteless beer and a tasteless ginger beer. It wouldn't suprise me if they just put some ginger cordial in the summer lager. Waste of a clean glass really, I did drink it all as punishment for being an optimist.

Cheers

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm SWMBO will love it! I'll grab a couple tomorrow.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score

Cheers

Is it a ginger beer in the sense of bundy but alcoholic or a beer with ginger in it (in the sense of that woeful shite from bluetongue)?

Sounds like the latter?

bradsbrew

Who's up for a pint?
Reaction score
Is it a ginger beer in the sense of bundy but alcoholic or a beer with ginger in it (in the sense of that woeful shite from bluetongue)?

Sounds like the latter?
Yeah its the latter. Beer with ginger. Yeah I had bundy GB but alcoholic in mind when I bought it.

manticle

Standing up for the Aussie Bottler
Reaction score
Sounds like a ratio of 1 bottle of bundy:1 tsp of XXXX ginger bleh would be best after reading that brews news article. Ginger beer is one thing, beer with ginger in it is completely another.

Rowy

Reaction score

stuchambers

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a carlton draft and a shot of stones green ginger wine in it.

Rowy

Reaction score
Nothing wrong with a carlton draft and a shot of stones green ginger wine in it.

We call em Bamaga Bombers............Fourex with a dash of stones.........have been a victim of these once or twic or thrice over the years.

JDW81

I make wort, the yeast make it beer.
Reaction score
Now there's a blast from the past. I haven't had one of those in years and for good reason, the hangover that accompanies it has to be experienced to be believed. Only a couple of points behind a jager-bomb hangover.
:icon_vomit: