Four Pints For How Much?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

esssee

Reaction score
Guys,

Shhhh, don't tell everyone, or they'll buy them all, but I found a Little Creatures Gift Pack of 4 Pints (Big Dippa, Pale Ale, Bright Ale and Rogers) for $20.

That's right, $20 bucks.

The Big Dippa was $7 each on there own ...... if you can find them.

Gunna buy me a couple and stock the fridge for Christmas / New Years.

saw them for that price in 1st choice and you could buy 3 4packs for $57.

Sounds like a good deal.
There's a couple of bottle shops round my area that often have 2 pints of LCPA or LCBA for $10 so thats when I stock up but the single batches are never on special.

Sweet... I'm there!

In related news, the local Woolies Liquor had 2 x 940ml bottles of Sol for $10. Yeah, 2 litres of decent Mexican beer for $10... why buy a case?

- boingk

Thanks for the tip, got three put away at my local - had given up on trying the Big Dippa. Haven't tried Rogers either!

Sweet... I'm there!

In related news, the local Woolies Liquor had 2 x 940ml bottles of Sol for $10. Yeah, 2 litres of decent Mexican beer for $10... why buy a case?

- boingk
Sure that was Woolies? I thought Sol was a Coles direct import along with Henninger etc.

Woolies in Qld sell baked beans <_<

Although they do own most of the pubs :rolleyes:

Vintage Cellars is running the same deal......Plus a few other good ones this month.

Sure that was Woolies? I thought Sol was a Coles direct import along with Henninger etc.

I am led to believe that Sol is a Woolies import (I work at 1st Choice). Our cheaper import of Corona is 'Cantina' - equivalent to Dan's 'Sol'.
Having said that, I rarely venture into Vintage Cellars or Liquorland so I could be wrong but we certainly don't stock Sol.?

On a semi-related note. Have you tried the Henninger? I haven't been game to give it a shot yet given the fact that it seemed to be replacing Hollandia in our line-up and that was a disgusting drop (IMO).

is 16.50 for a 6er of pilsner urquell at dan's a good deal?

is 16.50 for a 6er of pilsner urquell at dan's a good deal?

Sounds high to me / probably normal price. Dans quite often do urquell at a good price, I have bought it for $40 a carton or about $12 a 6 pack. Both this year.

Budvar was $49.95 this week from memory. I love that.

The Big Dippa was $7 each on there own ...... if you can find them.

Just got back from Dan Murphys at Earlville in Cairns. Big Dippers for $4.99 each. There's six left on the shelf. I had a lucky break. I had just put them in the trolley and went to see someone to see if they had a carton of Pale Ale pints out the back. Bloke came out with a carton of the DIPA! Bewdy, I'll have that, and yeah, can you still get me the carton of PA? :D I put the six singles back on the shelf for someone else to enjoy.

Do you know how much beer i can make for $20

You know your a home brewer if.......... :p

Not really cheap, but BiL seriously depleted my HB and BeerMasons supplies here in Merimbula. I just found 6 pints of Big Dippa in the Tura Beach Woolies. Will sample this evening. :)

Got one of these 4 packs for christmas off some relatives! normally I get gift vouchers or gifts that really suck so was a big surprise!

Back