Found a duck Hurstbridge

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bridges

Reaction score
Anyway last night eating tea this duck rocks onto the kitchen windowsill, I go out to shoo it off and it's really friendly. Got him some corn and a drink, no idea where it came from. Kids start patting it and making up names for it.
Anyhow fluffy feathers / sticky beak is currently residing in my brothers rabbit hutch. I'm sure someone is missing it as it is really friendly.
I've door knocked the neighbours with no luck. Ideas. Anyone.
duck.jpg

If someone does turn up to claim it just try and make sure they're the real owner before you hand it over, or it could end up in the oven. Also keep an eye on the grocery stores notice boards & power poles in your area for posters of the little chap.

If it's letting your kids pat it the odds are pretty high your correct that someone's missing a family pet. good on you for looking after it :). If your not inclined to keep it yourselves long term and no one comes forward to claim it just try and find it a good home as someone's pet. Little characters like him/her can really make people happy running around the place.

Yeah thanks Stu, I knew someone would go there. I cant help but think how upset my kids would be if it was their duck that was missing, so as tasty as duck is hopefully fluffy feathers / sticky beak can find his way home.

Confit and Hoisin are also good duck names.

Good onya for taking him in, though.

If a bloke who looks like this rocks up claiming ownership of the duck, be skeptical.

Camowaders.jpg

We have 4 less ducks as of this morning, trust me, it'll be the best thing to do with it, they taste so good.

*I took photos and was about to post one, but remembered I'd been banned before for similar things so *Insert Photo Of Lopping Ducks Heads Off Here*.

Back