Fosters To Reduce Size Of Cascade Bottles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
VB longnecks shrunk back down to 750ml when they decreased the alc%

I disagree mate, I manage a bottleshop in st kilda and did I hear about it from the locals when they dropped the alcoholic percentage. Well, I heard about it a lot more when I gave them a brief explanation on what they do to lower the percentage.
But the volume decrease was only a recent change (maybe 3 months? 2 months ago?) all three longnecks (melbourne bitter, Calrton and VB) dropped from 800ml to 750ml. When I pointed this out to people buying them, they asked, "Weren't they always 750ml?" Which I, only being 22 years of age, was surprised to learn they hadn't.
But suddenly, the locals now have an appetite for the boags draught 3 longnecks for $11 offer, compared to $12.30 for Fosters products. Boags longnecks have always been 750ml as long as I've had them in. Personally, I'm happy to have boag's killing both the longneck and the *shudder* low carb range. Their Classic blonde beats the fosters Pure Blonde by 30ml a stubbie for the same price.
Woo for any brewery that isn't fosters.

Latest posts

Back