Forward Sealing Taps

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodwormm

Reaction score
First off - I'm under the assumption that Andale Floryte Taps are front sealing like a Perlick? If i'm wrong someone please correct me and i'll go away :rolleyes:

So under my assumption, for me to change my font over and fit 3 new forward sealing taps (either Perlick 525 Stainless or Andale Floryte) it seems b the time I buy the perlicks and adaptors for my snap lock font (not yet fitted but purchased) it's going to cost about the same either Perlick or Floryte.

A mate's got Floryte and they always seem to have pressure build up on first pour... is this his system or common to Florytes?

I'm not decided either way yet, so after peoples opinions on both, particulary those with personal knowledge of both...

edit (what sort of seal are Andale EK Taps? forward or rear? they seem about the same price)

cheers

Perlick's are awesome.

chrome if you wanna save $$ ... 525SS is the standard... or flow control if you need/want and happy to pay extra

morebeer.com or beertapstore on ebay or farmhousebrewing are the best deal around

Perlick 525SS is a great tap.
I probably only pour beer through mine a couple of times a week and have never had any troubles with sticking or clogging up.
I clean them when the kegs run dry and find them very easy to disassemble and clean out.

Can't comment on the Floryte.

Cheers,
Jake.

First off - I'm under the assumption that Andale Floryte Taps are front sealing like a Perlick? If i'm wrong someone please correct me and i'll go away :rolleyes:

So under my assumption, for me to change my font over and fit 3 new forward sealing taps (either Perlick 525 Stainless or Andale Floryte) it seems b the time I buy the perlicks and adaptors for my snap lock font (not yet fitted but purchased) it's going to cost about the same either Perlick or Floryte.

A mate's got Floryte and they always seem to have pressure build up on first pour... is this his system or common to Florytes?

I'm not decided either way yet, so after peoples opinions on both, particulary those with personal knowledge of both...

edit (what sort of seal are Andale EK Taps? forward or rear? they seem about the same price)

cheers

floryte taps are forward sealing

the pressure build up seems to be common if not pouring for a day or two, because the opening faces straight down any build up of pressure in the line will blow the beer straight down, not having the benefit of hitting a curve first, like other taps have

put you glass under the tap and open in one single continuous motion and it wont be a problem

they are extemely easy to clean, snap it off the adaptor, unscrew the seat with your hand and you have exposed the rubber washer and seat that can be rubbed with a damp cloth ... squeaky clean

i am very happy with mine, and they suit the font aesthetically

I am not 100% happy with my perlick SS creamers. They are a bit drippy at times.

thanks everyone keep the info flowing :icon_chickcheers: :D :D :D :

Very happy with my Perlicks flow control taps. Just for the first pour or the day I start it off as restricted as it'd go to release any built up gas. There is your first pour pressure problem solved.

i have andale DA taps, and don't really get a pressure build up
mine are lock in connectors (screw on) and are incredibly easy to clean,
just undo from the fridge, pull the lever forwards and rinse under the tap in the sink next to the fridge :D

i have andale DA taps, and don't really get a pressure build up
mine are lock in connectors (screw on) and are incredibly easy to clean,
just undo from the fridge, pull the lever forwards and rinse under the tap in the sink next to the fridge :D

hey Sp0rk are you using the andale through fridge shanks or something else?

i have some i would like to mount in a fridge door and am looking for options...

Maheel, I got my shanks from Dicko ACT here on the forums
i believe they're andale shanks, but i could be wrong
might be worth flicking him a PM to see if he has any more

Back