For The Fridgies Out There

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pokolbinguy

The Pokolbin Brewhaus and Winery.
Reaction score
Hi all,

i was wondering if one of the fridgies out there could help me out. I have a Kelvinator 480 frost free that i would expect to be atleast 20 years old, it has been re-built etc by a local fellow who i bought it off, and i have converted it for kegs... see my thread else where...

anyway getting to the point, the fridge runs on the old solenoid system where it reverses and pushes hot air through the cooling coils to "defrost" itself, thing is when the fridge then goes to switch back to cooling, the solenoids (im assuming) click on and off quite a number of times and are quite loud. the fridge other than this is running fantastically, stays mighty cold and freezes easily in the freezer compartment. Is this loud noise a concern, if so how do i fix it and if not.... how can i maybe illiminate the loud noise so its not as irritating to the ears.

Cheers All..

Pokolbinguy

p.s sorry if i have missed a past thread on a similar issue, i figured it would be easier to discuss the problem i actually have instead of reading everyone elses that may not be related.

Latest posts

Back