For All Those Who Want A Braumeister!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suchidog

Reaction score
What is the magic price figure you have stored away deep in your memory that you are prepared/able to pay?

Anyone game for a bulk buy?

Nice system for a single-keg brew up, but more to go wrong. On the bigger overseas forums you hear stories about wort shooting out of the malt pipe, pumps breaking down etc. And I note that one supplier here in Australia is fitting an extra fabric layer to the filter as the current one needs beefing up a bit. At least with your ghetto system, if something goes wrong such as your $50 pump failing, because you built the system yourself you can easily whip out the offending part and put another one in without waiting on Germany.

Compared to BIAB or BIAU (bucket in an urn) I really can't see $2500 there. However I can see value in the really big top of the range one, for a brew-cafe etc. because, at that commercial level they won't be interested in ghetto systems, handy pails etc and with a higher turnover of drinkers it would pay for itself fairly quickly and not cost too much in staff wages to operate it.

The way I see it, if I was going to spend that much money I'd have a 3V setup with a march pump. It's embarrassing to spend that much money and still need to get sparge water from a kettle or another device. The only real benefit I can see is fully programmed stepped mashes. However if I wanted to automate any aspect of the brew day it would be the cleaning side of it not the actual brewing. That's the fun part.

That's how I've come up with $600. I figure an urn + bag is about $300 so happy to pay twice that much for having some extra bling.

I know this is off topic but 3V and Braumeister pimps are constantly shitting up the threads that I don't want shitted up :p

SWMBO saw one the other day... her reaction to the price was... memorable.

A big chunk of the price is amortising the investment , years of time and effort, prototyping, testing ,etc... plus interest if they've borrowed money.

It has inspired me to develop a programmable step masher using Arduino ... perhaps with a re-cric pump down the track.

Reality Check

Braumeister_comparison_1.JPG
Braumeister_comparison_2.JPG
braumeister_comparison_3.JPG
braumeister_comparison_4.JPG

or

braumeister.JPG

???

You going to try out BIATL (Brew In A Top Loader) now???? You have lost your marbles...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the reality check needs to be items made in Germany - not China.

A Wokmeister for about $700 would be fully doable.

Hey I might get one of those 50" panas for my Christmas Present, my 42 is beginning to look a bit ordinary. Been an LCD guy up to now but the plazzies are less power hungry nowadays and I like those nice glowing phosphor colours.
Son's moved out to his own place and needs a tv.

Any excuse..................

I saw a beer brewed in one of these the other day. Sure its expensive, but it made the brew day just so easy mess and hassle free. If your time poor its a pretty good deal.

Cheers

Hey I might get one of those 50" panas for my Christmas Present, my 42 is beginning to look a bit ordinary. Been an LCD guy up to now but the plazzies are less power hungry nowadays and I like those nice glowing phosphor colours.
Son's moved out to his own place and needs a tv.

Any excuse..................

I bought a 47" Vivo HD LCD from DSE last year.......It does a pretty damn awesome job.....Although bringing it home in my Barina was interesting. I actually took a short friend to drive my car home as I wouldn't have fit behind the wheel.

Latest posts

Back