Font Mounted Cpbf For Filling Any Bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I only would get four of them. Drill two holes on each side for each of your bottle heights. Then just slot these thingies into the right height holes and put your base on top.
You could even write the name of the bottle type next to the holes, then you don't need a data base.
If the bottle heights of two bottles are so close that you can't drill two sets of holes above each other, just drill them slightly to the side.

If you only have a few different bottle heighs, say pints, longnecks, poly bottles and champagne bottles, a good way to do it would be to make a set of spacers to fit under a shelf floor. So have a base and a loose floor and then just cut a few different lengths of sewer pipe or something?

No good if you have a dozen bottles, but easy enough and quick as lightning to change if there's only 4-6 different heights.

Hey Nick,

Just wondering how this is going, as I'm thinking of stealing your design and making something similar.

Have you made changes to how it works? Or is it working as you want?

cheers
beerDingo

Made this today while the mash was on.

IMG_0608.jpg

IMG_0610.jpg

The screw is 6mm metric tap so I just tapped it into the piece of pipe. The plate on top of the rig is stainless steel I made at work. Just used some cheap ply to see how the design would go. All those hoses swinging in the breeze is going to give me the shits in the end I reckon and ill want something more permanent but it's still a great solution for filling the swing tops and all types of bottles.
Just need to get the hose and bolt for the platform and it's good to go. Has anyone got experience of how long a bottle will stay carbed for when filled from the cpbf?
Thanks again Nick for the idea how is yours going anyway?

Gav

I haven't used mine with flip top bottles like the one in the pic Gav but I do use PET's and the longest I've kept one was two months. Good carb, no worries!

Still goin' strong, Gav.
Nice. My old boy will be stoked, he always comes over and fill's them flip top's out of the tap so now he'll be able to do it properly and not have to worry about drinking them in 1 night.
Iv'e tried bottle conditioning and maybe im a spastic but i just can't get away from that Dextrose flavour after priming them. Bad experiences with K&K or maybe I just know that dex taste to well....I don't know but I just cant do it right. Anyway stoked I have the cpbf nearly going.

Hey, I bought one of these things years ago, and left it at a mates to do the build. That never happened... Now the original pics are not available. Does anyone have any pics or updated info on this?

Back