Font Mounted Counter Pressure Filler.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I arrived back home today to find three more envelopes awaiting washers, I'll post these off tomorrow.

I must say that a couple of you guys from this give away did not provide a stamp on your return envelopes, I've done this but I did think it was a bit rough of you.

Batz

I haven't gotten around to sending off my SAE Batz. Let me know if you have one tucked away for me, if not no problems - I'll just pinch keifers.

I haven't gotten around to sending off my SAE Batz. Let me know if you have one tucked away for me, if not no problems - I'll just pinch keifers.

I can find one for you mate but that's it I'm afraid, I've send out 30 of these things !

Batz

I arrived back home today to find three more envelopes awaiting washers, I'll post these off tomorrow.

I must say that a couple of you guys from this give away did not provide a stamp on your return envelopes, I've done this but I did think it was a bit rough of you.

Batz

Hope it wasn't me. If so it was just out of thoughtlessness rather than greed.

Hope it wasn't me. If so it was just out of thoughtlessness rather than greed.

Don't remember who it was but I'm sure it was by mistake. No biggie really I just found one today and must be a bit cranky from driving. ;)

While I'm at it thanks for the jerky, hops and stickers, I love the Cranky Dog and have the London Pride on my bar room window already.

Can I ask who it was that sent me the hops and what variety they are?

Cheers
Batz

i sent hops Batz - mine were vac packed and are Czech Saaz. IIRC they were 2010 crop @ 4%AA and by the time I vac packed them and stuck them into an envelope to send - had been out of their original 10kg bag for about 2 hrs and had spent the entirety of their existence up till that point in cold storage. So they should be in tip top nick.

I think i wrote the variety, year and AA% on the actual shrink baggie in marker pen. I'll check next week and if the details are different to what I just said I'll let you know.

TB

i sent hops Batz - mine were vac packed and are Czech Saaz. IIRC they were 2010 crop @ 4%AA and by the time I vac packed them and stuck them into an envelope to send - had been out of their original 10kg bag for about 2 hrs and had spent the entirety of their existence up till that point in cold storage. So they should be in tip top nick.

I think i wrote the variety, year and AA% on the actual shrink baggie in marker pen. I'll check next week and if the details are different to what I just said I'll let you know.

TB

Thanks TB thats them, they had the AA% and Type 45 but that was all. Much appreciated mate.

Batz

ahh, sorry about that. Going senile. They're nice aroma hops.. good and spicy. enjoy and thanks again for the adapter.

ahh, sorry about that. Going senile. They're nice aroma hops.. good and spicy. enjoy and thanks again for the adapter.

Used 120gm of the yesterday TB.

Anyone had the last lot of these turn up at their place yet?
Xmas and all that but I would have thought some would have filtered through. I did get the PM, cheers.

Batz

Thankyou so much Batz mine arrived two days ago!

Rigging up a temporary stand for mine at the moment.

Had to pick up some slightly larger clear tubing from the big green shed (and some hose clamps) as the barbs on the CPBF unit are WAY too big for my beer line!

Used it for the first time tonight Batz on some of the old mans Ottinger bottles and worked a charm. Bottled up one of the finest as a small xmas gift for my partners old man using his bottle capper he gave me many years ago. Cheers again.

Oh and Raven get a JG fitting for the end of the shank and use normal beer line :)

Had to pick up some slightly larger clear tubing from the big green shed (and some hose clamps) as the barbs on the CPBF unit are WAY too big for my beer line!

I jammed it inside the beer IN post in the cpbf. Works a treat.

Actually - they should tell you that normal lines don't work with that part. Grrr.

Help!

My CPBF is all rigged up, given it a test run and as soon as gas is turned on, gas leaks out of the bleed valve!

There is a small o ring around the end of the valve if I unscrew it fully (same size as the spare provided).

There are no other o rings or washers further up the stem near the handle - wondering if mine is missing a seal?

Yet to hook the beer post up, but this should not make any difference as its a closed system with QD on the beer line.

Whilst the unit is leaking out the bleed valve, it also fills the bottle with gas when the top lever is turned (however can't justify this this leaking gas the whole time I am filling!)

... I am stumped...

Thoughts?

Leaks as per arrow in piccie:
cpbf.jpg

Help!

My CPBF is all rigged up, given it a test run and as soon as gas is turned on, gas leaks out of the bleed valve!

There is a small o ring around the end of the valve if I unscrew it fully (same size as the spare provided).

There are no other o rings or washers further up the stem near the handle - wondering if mine is missing a seal?

Yet to hook the beer post up, but this should not make any difference as its a closed system with QD on the beer line.

Whilst the unit is leaking out the bleed valve, it also fills the bottle with gas when the top lever is turned (however can't justify this this leaking gas the whole time I am filling!)

... I am stumped...

Thoughts?

Leaks as per arrow in piccie:
View attachment 51122

Your bleed valve looks to be a whole 180 degrees out from where mine sits. Perhaps try the replacement o-ring?

Thanks Nick - mine bleed valve was up tight in the clockwise direction at the time of testing. (the previous pic was a markup of a pic earlier in this thread).

*insert moron alert emoticon by me here* :lol:

Ok, I think I have it sorted. Here I was thinking it was the bleed valve leaking... nope I did not have the clamp on the gas in pipe on tight enough. It was leaking out, but it seemed like the air was coming from the bleed valve!

My setup working a treat now:

DSCN4791.jpg

Edit - freaking out as I needed to bottle some xmas beers for friends tonight! Crisis averted.

Got mine the other day, made a couple of the Batz style washer adaptors to suit glass... My only question is the 'font' mounting capabilities.... Is there a way I can pull a perlick off the font and stick this in it's place?

If you have the right sort of font - appropriate seems the type that is basically just a hole in the tower, no fancy fittings. However, the thread on the shank of the filler is the same size as the thread on a celi - so presumably it would screw into any fitting a celi would screw into.

The tricky bit is - there is a plug in the front of the filler - it comes out and you can screw a tap into the space, allowing beer to flow straight through the filler into the tap. So you can run the filler and a tap off exactly the same font position.

Got mine the other day, made a couple of the Batz style washer adaptors to suit glass... My only question is the 'font' mounting capabilities.... Is there a way I can pull a perlick off the font and stick this in it's place?

I did it like this

DSCF2481__600x800_.jpg

DSCF2482__800x600_.jpg

DSCF2483__800x600_.jpg

Just remove the tap (snaplock) and insert the filler.

Back