• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

Font Details Wanted.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think Ross has all fittings to make any tap work for any font, could be wrong though. So don't stress on the tap side.
It is a flooded font so later on you can get the Glycol system happening.
I could be a prat and say it is worth as much as you want to pay, but I wont.
Personally I think it is worth $140. By the way I am not in the market for a font, and will not be bidding against you.

LOL thanks for the info man. All bidders welcome, iv been looking for a ceramic one for a while so i thought this might be a goer.

Cheers Vice.

Hey guys.

Just wondering about this font.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...em=300289197376

i want to know if the normal taps sold at Craft brewer etc would fit this font ??

Also woudnt mind a idea on what you guys think it would be worth ??

Cheers Vice

Hey Vicelore

You will have created a bit of competition for yourself having posting it on here... :unsure:

I believe the adapters are Pushloc not Snaplock. These adapters suit commercial beer taps such as Grundy or Free Flow.

There is a solution... You can purchase Pushloc Shanks and Coupling Nuts from Lancer Pacific and then purchase taps from Ross @ Craftbrewer such as the Perlick (recommended, great tap) or Micromatic. The shanks will screw onto these taps and will then connect to the Pushloc adapters...

As for value, anything less than $400 would be a good price... but it really depends on your own perceived value.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need any more info.

Dicko

Always the way hay.

I would rather pay more and buy the right thing then waste money on something that dosent work.

Id be happy if a AHB member beats me to it if they are willing to pay more. Better than some non member. There are always more.

Cheers Vice.

Just to confirm .

I could fit Celies on this ??

Cheers again

Vice

Positive thing about that font; It comes with nut and washer for fitting to bench.

Negative things about that font; It's not a Cobra, it has a fugly ceramic black "Bling" thing pushed up around the shaft to make it appear valuable. It looks like the love-child of Mr Stepto or one of his sons! Give it some thought and don't rush into bidding!

I wont be bidding on that $100 triple font!

Horses for courses, I say! Good luck!

Any fittings and taps can be adapted to that basic "Pub" font with ceramic "Bling"!

Always the way hay.

I would rather pay more and buy the right thing then waste money on something that dosent work.

Id be happy if a AHB member beats me to it if they are willing to pay more. Better than some non member. There are always more.

Cheers Vice.

I'm pretty confident any AHB member looking for a font would have already come across it...

I forgot to mention, there are other alternatives. You could remove the Pushloc adapters and replace them with Snaplocks then you would have your choice of taps... new or second hand. Personally, I would opt for the Pushloc's as the shank has a fatter o'ring and will have a longer life than standard snaplock o'rings. You can see this in the picture attached... 5+6 v 7+8.

Let me know if you end up winning it...

Pushlock02.gif

LOl i love the ceramic bling..

I cant rember the members name with the white ceramic font as their avator.. I love that thing.. made me want a ceramic one from the 1st time i saw it.

Thanks for the info Dicko top stuff.

Cheers Vice

Just to confirm .

I could fit Celies on this ??

Cheers again

Vice

No vicelore... :rolleyes:

Celli taps have a 3/8" BSP thread. The font (once you unscrew the Pushloc adapter) would have a 3/4" BSP thread.

I know this could start a war... but I feel Celli taps are a wank. Sure they look great... But they are bloody expensive! I would sooner adapt the carb in the keg or the regulator rather than the tap.

Apparently, they also have fittings for the font.

Won't hurt to ask, when you win it, eh?

Les

Bargain at that price.

Latest posts

Back