Font cleaning and maintenance

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CoopsOz

Reaction score
I picked up a pretty grubby Andale twin tap font today and seek advice on the best way of cleaning it. Is it simply a matter of pulling it all apart and soaking the lot in sodium percarbonate? Are seal kits available from Andale?

I also notice that the beer lines in this font are copper, can you buy fittings to attach to normal beer line?

More pics here ---> http://s111.photobucket.com/user/CoopsOz/slideshow/Andale%20Font

Seal kits are available for the taps, They look to be DA taps
I'm jealous yours have the stout nozzle tips, Mine don't
http://www.andale.com.au/d.a-tap-kit

And the lock in shank adaptors shouldn't need anything other than maybe some o rings

I'm not sure if there's any seals needed for the font, someone else may be able to shed light on this

Wow, those tap kits are cheap....I'm kind of used to paying top dollar for anything homebrew. Thanks for the heads up on the name of the taps, I had no idea. BTW, what does the stout nozzle do? I'm assuming it just slows the flow, correct?

Are there any tips for connecting standard beer line to the integrated copper ones?

To convert the brass fittings to beer line you will need to get the size of the thread you have, then use something like these

Another dumb question, I'm assuming the other lines seen in the first pic are used for flooding the font.....do you just use standard compression fittings? And am I ok to soak the lot in sodium percarb?

Good find. I picked up two of those a while back from a local pub, but I've only got the standard Brumby taps on them rather than the Floryte's. You're right about the other pipes. Just hose clamps as it's low pressure just for recirculating whatever cooling fluid you want to run. If you undo the compression fitting holding the copper extensions in you''ll probably find the copper pipes pull out if you want to remove them. I've only got the standard beer line held in with the compression olives on mine as per the pub install. It might be easier just to adapt to JG fittings off the current threads if you ever need to easily disconnect the font.
Cheers,
BB

EDIT: Just saw QldKev's link. What he said about converting to JG if required.

Latest posts

Back