Foam In Kegs.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vicelore

Reaction score
Hey guys.

Well iv been cleaning and in the process of filling my new kegs for the 1st time.

Just put a batch of pbw and star san through the kegs.

Now the Star san has left a fair ammount of foam in the kegs. I just put another 10 litres of clean water in there for a final rinse but was wondering if i can leave some foam in there ?? Or how do you guys get it out ??

Iv been filling the kegs then using CO2 to pump the cleaner out the beer out post.

Cheers guys

You can leave the starsan in there. There was recently a thread about "starsan snakes" (or something like that) when filling kegs.

Dont wash it out just tip it out and go for gold,dont fear the foam,washing with water again defeats the purpose of sanitising it.
sav.

Was reading last night someone racked onto his starsan, forget to tip it out! Don't stress, its designed not to be rinsed, thats the best reason for going for a no-rinse sanitiser.

Oh yes and when you keg, don't forget to give the keg a quick visual, just look inside for any nasties.

Back