Something dropped in beer kegging

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trustyrusty

Reaction score
Yesterday I was kegging, did eveything to make sure nothing fell in, you would not believe airlock dropped off as I forget to take off, did a hard bounce left and dropped in.
Pretty clean, but had to take out. hands clean but I wonder if it could cause something. But as I understand things like bugs have a hard time growing in CO2 other than yeast? Should I be worried?

Not much I can do is there?

thanks

Don't give up.
I did a similar thing some years ago by dropping the lid seal into the keg. I just fished it out with my bare arm, and carried on as normal.
Ended up serving the beer to the public at Bitter & Twisted in Maitland. To my knowledge, nobody died.

If they didn't bother to tell him they'd died, how could he know?:fallingoffchair:

Maybe it's time to ditch the airlock? I stopped using them years ago, opting for a few layers of glad wrap instead.

Just carbonate and chill. You've probs got a few bugs in there, but CO2, acidic beer and a cold temperature should stop any infection from taking over quickly. Might be an issue if you're ageing for an extended period, but if it's a quick drinker you should be fine.

Latest posts

Back