Foam Camping Mattresses, Can't Find Them Anymore

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
None here either still in the Bay at Sams/Crazy Clarks or BCF.. <_<

I remember also seeing some at the Reject Shop a little bit ago so ill check it out tomoz.. They had a Yoga mat at Sams for $9.99 but dont think itd be as good as the camping mat as its about 1/4 the thickness... :unsure:

Personally I believe there is a conspiracy amongst the "Craftbrewing Mafia Suppliers" we know who they are, who have bought up the entire worlds supply of "cheap arsed camping mats" in an effort to exert to control over the whole brewing community & the world for that matter.

Who else is with me besides Darren? ;)

Cheers

Paul

Personally I believe there is a conspiracy amongst the "Craftbrewing Mafia Suppliers" we know who they are, who have bought up the entire worlds supply of "cheap arsed camping mats" in an effort to exert to control over the whole brewing community & the world for that matter.

Who else is with me besides Darren? ;)

Cheers

Paul

Well,
Their no fkng good for camping are they. Most useless piece of equipment until "snuggies" come along. :lol:

Going to Sams Morayfield tomorrow, have a gander for you Guys, there is also a camping store next door will check them also....

OT: but the camping store "Outback Adventures" Morayfield - 9kg Gas refills $17.00 :eek: (Trying to stick it to BCF that's opened directly accross the road and Anaconda just up the road)

Cheers

Sully

EDIT: No affiliation yada yada

I will look for some tomorrow in Adelaide, but I was wondering, what thickness are they meant to be, or is there anything to look for in a good foam camping mattress?

Crundle

When I was told to 'just use some of those camp mats' to insulate my MT and HLT I was buggered if I could find any in Kmart or anywhere. The ones I ended up getting were pretty flimsy.

Last week on the way home from fishing I passed one floating around so turned around and picked it up. It was one of the nice thick blue ones I was after initially. So there's your solution. Just chug around in the ocean for a while, you'll find one.

When I was told to 'just use some of those camp mats' to insulate my MT and HLT I was buggered if I could find any in Kmart or anywhere. The ones I ended up getting were pretty flimsy.

Last week on the way home from fishing I passed one floating around so turned around and picked it up. It was one of the nice thick blue ones I was after initially. So there's your solution. Just chug around in the ocean for a while, you'll find one.

Nice work! How thick would you say the nice blue camp mat is Henno?

Crundle

dunno about where you are batz ,but i got some recently in melbourne at rays outdoors , they were on special at about $4 each during a sale...

Last I checked there were a few at Crazy Clark's here in The 'Roy....

Got mine previously at The Reject Shop though...

Cheers

I used to get mine at GoLo, they no longer seem to stock them....

There are some in coles, near the health food section at my local store, I think they are around the $10 mark.

Thanks for the replies
I'm off on a bit of a trip for a few days so I'll watch out for a reject shop.

I have another use for these besides brewing ;)

Batz

Batz,

I picked up a camping roll sized black piece of foam/insulation style mattress at Clark Rubber today for 19$. They also had large offcuts/seconds of armaflex ranging from 30-60$ depending on thickness.

For those in Vic, Aussie Disposals in Malvern had around 8 or so out the front for $6...

For those in the south of Adelaide, Kmart at Collonades has the blue camping mats for $10 (180cmx50cmx1cm)

Crundle

Hehehe

Join the army and you'll get a free one when you get kitted out... They call 'em Poof Mats their tho..... If only they knew of there importance in the homebrew scene...

Hehehe

Join the army and you'll get a free one when you get kitted out...

:eek: A little extreme! Can just see the new army recruitment ads now.
"Join the army get a foam camping mat..."

Army style disposal/ camping store near me sells reasonably thick ones for around $6. I used one to make some repairs to my pool filter and had enough left over to wrap the urn in!

Latest posts

Back